“Great walk”

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great walk”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great little walk right near all the resorts I'm Po'ipu. We went for about an hour, but you could go for much longer. Great mix of cliffs, bush and beach. Start on Po'ipu beach, walk to the left (if you're facing the ocean) and you'll find the track. It's not signposted.

1 Thank Megan_Adelaide_AU

Chicago, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Spectacular Views during our hike!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Though the hike was only 4 miles round trip and could of easily be done in less than the amount of time we specify on this review, we spent ample time to soaking in the scenery and taking pictures.

Difficulty Rating: Easy because of the low elevation gain (not a steep hike) and less than 2 miles one way.

The trail starts off at Shipwreck's Beach which you can find the public access road in front of the Grand Hyatt Kaui. As you begin your hike you will notice that it is an unmarked trail and has various paths. Stay close to the seaside but exercise caution because some of the sand dunes and cliffs are eroded.. Stay away from the edges. The hike will consist of periods of sand and rock. So a light hiking/walking shoes will do the trick. We wore our water sandals with a toe cap (great for the rocky part) but annoying during the sandy part as sands gets clogged in there.

My husband was not as enthusiastic about this hike since it is less talked about compared to the Napali Coast hike. But at the end of the hike, my husband was appreciative during the hike because of the spectacular views.

Buffalo Grove, Illinois
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Mahaulepu Hike”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Nice, minimally challenging hike up to the cliff and beyond. Scenic and beautiful, can be a little buggy in the afternoons.

Visited December 2012
California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Great Hike”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went along to ocean going in and then visited a neat cave and then hiked the higher road coming out. Lots of variety and the ocean is beautiful from some of the higher points. Nice 10 mile hike; we loved it.

1 Thank Wojo28
Boston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great place to see the sunrise!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

It was the last morning of our trip and I was disappointed that we hadn't done this hike. My husband woke me early and said he wanted to show me where he and my son had found to watch the sunrise the morning before. We left the kids to pack and off we went. I laughed as he drove past the hyatt and I started to recognize landmarks that i read about here on trip advisor! We were there! A short hike past the small parking lot and we saw the most beautiful sunrise. The place was entirely empty and my video was spectacular,complete with the pounding surf. Don't miss it!

1 Thank gibby2007