“Improved!”

Starbucks
Ranked #1 of 2 Coffee & Tea in Poipu
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This Starbucks has made remarkable improvement since we first reviewed it a year ago. The staff is much friendlier, even when very busy. The lines are often long, but customers are served quickly. We're usually out of there in 5-10 minutes.

Much improved. Kudos to the staff and management.

1  Thank XlntAdventure

Reviewed March 15, 2014

Can't say too much except that it was Starbucks...... slightly overpriced but excellent quality & taste, same as any starbucks I have ever been too. Friendly servers!

1  Thank Traci H
Reviewed February 21, 2014

There is really nothing to dislike about Starbucks. The coffee and tea are very good. We also had some scones that were excellent.

1  Thank imAngelfish
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We asked them to stir our coffee when ordered, when we stood at the end waiting and noticed they didnt, we reiterated our request. We were given a nasty look- as if we just asked the employee to hand over their first born. We were then told they "didnt have a spoon". I've never had an issue with this at other Starbucks, I dont think it's too much to ask considering what we pay. Disappointing....but I expect a certain level of exceptional customer service which is why I pay what I pay for Starbucks. Gonna be brewing my own at the condo for the rest of the stay where I know the service has a smile :-)

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I am a many years Starbucks patron from Seattle. I knew it when they only sold coffee beans and before they became a formula McRestaurant.
It is generally consistent worldwide.
My reason for visiting this one was a desperate need for Wi-Fi connection after the one in our condo failed to connect. In less than a minute I obtained the best Internet connection I have ever had in Kauai. It is free and good and I just bought a drink out of feeling guilty for using their facility.
Customers are tourists from surrounding hotels and condos with a few locals. A popular teen hangout for mainland visitors. Staff is typical Starbucks, well trained and efficient.
Howard Schultz once again provides that "third place" which he frequently expounds upon. The consistency and reliable service as well as smart customer extras like Wi-Fi overcome my discomfort about putting a chain formula restaurant in the middle of this rural vacation resort.
Mahalo, Howard!