We stayed in the Coral Villa in this small group of apartments in a residential area in the eastern portion of Poipu, not far from some of the larger resorts such as the Hyatt. It felt as if we were staying in someone's guest house, with the run of the place. The Coral Villa is small but quite functional, basically a bathroom (with no bath but a wonderful unique shower stall, and great decor), a small bedroom with comfortable bed and large closet and dresser (and TV), and a kitchen/living area with large couch, small dining area, big fridge and TV/CD player (when we were there the CD player didn't work properly), and lanai (deck) with beach chairs for borrowing and a BBQ. We loved having the kitchen, made breakfast then set out for our day, used Poipu as a base for exploring the southern part of the island including the Waimea Canyon/Koke'e Park areas. We also did some beach walking, and the area east of the villas has great expanses for walking long distances. The villas are a good option, wonderfully quiet and residential, and we would consider staying there again. The price seemed competitive, and the only thing to watch for in terms of one's per-night budget is an "outcleaning fee" for each villa which adds to the overall price (especially for short stays), and which we didn't know about until after we booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hideaway Cove is located a short five minute walk to Poipu Beach here on the sunny south shore of Kauai.Each of our studio, one, two, three and five bedroom accommodations features air conditioning, a kitchen, HDTVs in the living room and all bedrooms plus beds with pillow top mattresses and Egyptian cotton sheets. There is a a stainless steel gas barbecue with side burner on each private lanai. We also have off street parking, high speed wi-fi property wide, the use of a computer and printer 24/7 in our office, on site concierge services, beach chairs, beach towels and coolers, plus the use of laundry rooms with detergent and dryer sheets. All are complimentary.We've been welcoming guests to Poipu Beach since 1999 and hope to meet you here at Hideaway Cove at some time in the future!Aloha from Kauai,Herb and Gale ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Hideaway Cove Poipu Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hideaway Cove Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Hideaway Cove Poipu Beach Kauai