Unit 833 must have the best panoramic views at Nihi Kai. Not just the ocean but the inland mountains too. It’s got a unique location, on the top floor, end unit, lanai open on the side. Building 8 sits up high and on a clear day you see all the way to Niihau and you have a view of the gorgeous mountains in the center of the island. I was content staying on the lanai. Even the view from the master bedroom was spectacular. Not too many places in all of Poipu can have this kind of view.
Unit 833 has been remodeled with a very nice kitchen and nice furniture. We rented it through Parrish Kauai Collection. Beautiful appliances and the kitchen was better stocked than my own. There are 2 bedrooms. One with a king sized bed and the other with two twin beds. What we really liked was that you can request to have the twin beds converted to a king sized bed. The equipment to do this is there and mgmt. will do it on request. Unit 833 was very breezy with lots of cross-ventilation and tradewinds blowing straight through. It opens completely on both sides with 2 huge lanais and patio doors on each side allowing the tradewinds through. We actually felt like we were in a private home with no one above us or next to us on one side and our own private staircase and landing. Oh, and high cathedral ceilings too. A bright, open and airy unit. Very cozy and home-like. We loved watching the sun rise up over the Haupu Range each day and then set over the ocean.
We loved Nihi Kai. Management needs to work on an issue down by the pool area though. Smelled pretty bad, like a backed up septic or something. I’m glad building 8 is far enough away from that! We loved 833 and plan on returning to it every other year, on our off-years from our own timeshare. There was a problem with some carpet stains but I was told the unit is being completely recarpeted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the best locations in sunny Poipu Beach Kauai, Nihi Kai Villas Resort is just steps away from the Poipu shoreline and a little over 300 yards to world-famous body surfing Brennecke's Beach and Poipu Beach Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Nihi Kai Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nihi Kai Villas Hotel Poipu
- Nihi Kai Villas Kauai/Poipu