We booked a week here with our two college aged sons as a last minute trip before school began for the fall. We always prefer a suite/villa arrangement where we have a common living room space and small kitchen. This gives us space to gather as a family rather than just retreating to our respective rooms. We also like the breakfast and snack flexibility and cost savings of having a kitchen.
Several reviews criticized this hotel for not having a "hawaiian feel". So we were prepared for not much. We were very happy with what we found. Our room was very nice, well appointed and comfortable. Parking was plentiful and not expensive at $10 per day. The grounds are beautifully landscaped. The pools are lovely and there are high quality grills if you want to bbq. Every employee we encountered was very helpful and friendly. Rooms have washer/dryers, beach towels, balconies overlooking beach or garden. The beach itself is gorgeous. Perfect for swimming, snorkeling, floating, surfing. We saw monk seals every day. Snorkeling was easy for beginners but with plenty of fish/coral variety. Poolside bar/grill was very good. Kahlua pork nachos were delicious!
Lots of great restaurants nearby. Easy drive to other beaches and Waimea Canyon. Overall, this was a great spot and good value for what we paid. We all enjoyed it thoroughly.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Waiohai Beach Club Hotel Poipu
- Marriotts Waiohai Beach Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Poipu
- Marriott Poipu
- Poipu Marriott
- Marriotts Waiohai Beach Club
- Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club Kauai/Poipu