“Fantastic!”

Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Poipu
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stay here every year with my family that owns here. Great place, staff is awesome, lots of activities for my 4 year old. The children's center really cater to making the kids happy. Great pool, great beach! Stayed for 2 weeks. One ocean view and one partial ocean view, they were both amazing. When I asked for extra pillows they wanted to know if I liked foam or feather. Highly recommend.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,080)

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We cashed in Marriott points to stay here - so we didn't expect to have oceanfront - but agree with others that the parking lot view leaves something to be desired. We checked in late as we were traveling from the East Coast - and the floor of the bedroom was wet - YUCK! We called the front desk and were immediately moved to a different room (glad I discovered this before I unpacked). The room was a little dated, but clean and pretty quiet. When we had a chance to explore the following morning we did find the grounds were lush and well maintained and would have been a much nicer view. The staff was friendly and they had lots of fun activities for the kids - they loved fishing in the koi ponds. This place is great for families.

The place does tend to be a bit crowded and with no real food options other than the "Market" we ate dinner off property. We did use the kitchen for preparing breakfast and lunch. I know they have grills and I was initially a little leery about using them, but I did see them cleaning the grills everyday, but we never used them. And I am on vacation - I don't need to cook my dinner on vacation!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank girlfromVA
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We are owners at the Marriott Waiohai resort on Poipu Beach in Kauai. We always enjoy coming to Kauai, it is so beautiful and relaxing. We are looking forward to the furnishing upgrades that will be made in 2014. The interior is in need of upgrade but you couldn't ask for a better location or a better resort. The staff is wonderful and very helpful. We spent 2-weeks there in July and loved everyday of it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Overall this facility is very nice. The room are large and it was nice to have 2 bedrooms. The grounds are kept up nicely and the access to the beach is great. The employees are all friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, we got suckered in like others on the view. Our partial ocean view was of the parking lot next door. I totally agree that the "owners" should get preference on rooms and locations since they pay a premium. I just wish Marriott was more honest about what the rest of us will see and admit that our rooms face cars not the ocean.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank BoiseButtercup
MVCI_Executive, Customer Care at Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share a review and provide feedback. While we make every effort to accommodate villa requests, it is not always possible to provide your first choice. Ocean view villas have a view of the ocean. In the future, please reserve ocean front to ensure an unobstructed view of the ocean. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Went to check out this property for next year's vacation. Villas were lovely and well appointed on par with other Marriott timeshares. Plenty of chairs and spacious sandy as well as grassy (with some shade) areas to sit at while enjoying the ocean. Can't wait to go next year!

Room Tip: Look at map of property online to see which buildings have best views
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank welovetotravel0716
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Perfect location in Kauai to watch whales, sea turtles on the beach and sea monk sun bathing on the beach! A restful and fun vacation! Rented a car and toured the various beaches, volvano, and sites. Can't wait to return again someday! We rented through vacation Club and had to attend 90 min tinmeshare presentatin. However, we saved alot of $$ by doing so.

Room Tip: we had a garden view room, but we were very close to the pools and ocean. No complaints
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I made my reservation as always, then had to change the date due to family activities. After paying the big bucks to buy a ocean view for life, rescheduling through Interval changed all that.
In my opinion, an ocean view owner is an ocean view owner, regardless of having to reschedule through Interval. I gave the front desk staff plenty of notice, I spelled it all out, and they did not come through. After writing an e-mail to the general manager of Waiohai about my dissatisfaction of the front desk staff ability to fulfill my request, I received a personally sighed letter from the entire front desk staff and a gift basket, this was very thoughtful and appreciated but in no way made up for what I expect as an owner of a ocean view room. I have read many of the poor comments about Waiohai and their staff and most of it is simply not true, the grounds are fantastic, location unbeatable and the staff is friendly and professional. I am very disappointed in the front desks inability to fulfill my request but that in no way reflects the total Waiohai experience, although due to planned activities it did not see the ocean view at this location during the first three day's which made me very sad. The rooms are constantly being updated, I know this because the maintenance fees continue to rise and I read the owners news letter and hear about all the upgrades, I do not mind paying high maintenance to keep the property nice. I watched a maintenance guy clean the outdoor grills every morning, tearing down and even removing the burners to get these grills looking new again...every morning. I saw a maintenance guy scrubbing the outdoor walkways with a rotating floor polisher - where else do you see this level of attention to detail. I had time to watch the maintenance guy's as I did not have my Ocean View !!! most of the complaints surround this view issue but as an Owner of a Ocean View, I expect more.

Room Tip: If you are an owner of an ocean view, make sure you ask for ocean view interior Hali 1 or Hali 8, un...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank scot b
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poipu
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Koloa
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa

Been to Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club? Share your experiences!