We went on a timeshare presentation, so the price was certainly right. We were in Building 5 overlooking the gardens on the ground floor, and could not get any cell phone reception at all. We also have our own wireless internet cards and those wouldn't work either. The internet access at the property is not secure, so be aware of that if you're doing financial transactions or anything you want a secure connection for. Beware of Building 4 - half of those units overlook the parking lot.
The units are all identical, 2-BR/2-BA, TV in every room, nicely decorated, comfortable, and well-equipped, but nothing to give you the feel of being in Hawaii. The hallways are very institutional - not a plant or painting or anything to break it up.
The grounds are very nice and immaculately kept. The pool areas seem a bit small for the size of the resort. We were there in mid-October and there were kids everywhere. What's up with that? :-) There are lots of chairs on the lawn area overlooking the beach, and there's a "quiet" pool, so you can find some pockets of peace and quiet. The beach is a good one, and the sunsets are lovely.
We didn't use the restaurants or the market there. Drive to Koloa, about five minutes away, and shop for your food at Big Save - it's a LOT cheaper than buying anything in the Market at the resort.
All of the employees were very friendly, and we had excellent service while there.
Overall, it's a very nice place, and I feel like I should have liked staying there more than we did - it just has sort of a generic feel to it, I guess.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Waiohai Beach Club Hotel Poipu
- Marriotts Waiohai Beach Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Poipu
- Marriott Poipu
- Poipu Marriott
- Marriotts Waiohai Beach Club
- Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club Kauai/Poipu