We stayed with our 3 children and my in-laws in a villa unit that includes a full kitchen, living room and two bedrooms. The room was beautiful. The beds are super comfy - lovely baths. When we needed more towels and an extra bed to seperate my kids, they we at the room very quickly. (The extra bed is a small bedroll cushion for the floor. An adult or tennager could not sleep this way.) The full kitchen is handy, however the location of grocery stores is not. Think ahead. The charm of Kauai is that is not commerical nor built up. When leaving the airport with your rental car, swing past costco or the grocery store in Lihue and stock up. You'll be happy you did.
The beach is great. We spent hours building sand castles and playing in the water. We saw tons of fish and monk seals on the beach. We also swam with a very large sea turtle. I would recommend getting up in the morning and walking the beaches early to see seals and turtles that bedded down on the beach overnight.
The restaurants at the resort are lacking - only one choice. The food is good, but it is casual bar food in the evening, burgers by the beach in the day. (Great burgers! Order "the works".) Thurs - Mon. happy hour starts at 5:30. The nachos were good - the ribs come with fries, the mai tais are great. The best thing at the bar was the Waiohai colada. Yum! Yum! Not a lot of choices for food in the neighborhood. We ate at Keikos and Tropical Burger in the Poipu shopping center. Neither was very good. The Poipu Grill had great huge cheap tropical drinks, but the food very substandard at best. The best meal we had was at Brick Oven Pizza in Kalaheo (up the road 15-20 minutes.) It sounds strange to have the best pizza when in Hawaii, but it's true. Across the street is the charming Kalaheo Cafe. We had breakfast there 4 times. I love that place. Best coffee ever.
We enjoyed the hotel and Kauai. My 3 young children loved it also.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Waiohai Beach Club Hotel Poipu
- Marriotts Waiohai Beach Hotel
- Marriott Vacation Club Poipu
- Marriott Poipu
- Poipu Marriott
- Marriotts Waiohai Beach Club
- Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club Kauai/Poipu