“Pricey for an okay evening”
Review of RumFire

RumFire
Reserve with OpenTable
RumFire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: RumFire Poipu Beach is Kauai's oceanfront hot spot, boasting a magnificent setting at Sheraton Kauai Resort on the island's south shore. RumFire's exquisite dining room is the perfect choice for a memorable dinner, artfully blending locally sourced cuisine with global influences. The broad, open-spaced restaurant and lounge is flooded with natural lighting from floor-to-ceiling windows, which also provide incomparable views of the Pacific Ocean and Kauai's stunning sunsets.
Toronto, Canada
“Pricey for an okay evening”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We made reservations specifying a table at the window to see the sunset. I also told them we were celebrating our anniversary. When we arrived our table was not ready and we were asked to wait - no drinks offered just a seat near the kitchen. We waited quite a while and then someone came over to say the patrons at our table were still not leaving and would we accept another table. The sun had set so it made no difference - the table we were given was nice and overlooking the Sheraton beach which was fine. They did give us complimentary champagne - not sure if this was for our anniversary or as an apology for the table. Either way, it was appreciated. Our server was fine. The meal was good but small. Given the price I am not sure it was value for our money. Can't really pinpoint why but it was a disappointing evening - it felt lacklustre for all the fanfare of their advertisements.

• Polish first
Hana, Hawaii
“Very fine causal dining”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Try the spair rib app oh my god melt In Your mouth great I could make a meal out of a couple of those . I had the same meal all 3 days I enjoyed so much the catch of the day was prepared perfect enemy night . I'm still thinking about it

Kirkland, Washington
“Overpriced, poor food, inadequate service.”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is another dog worth avoiding along with Bubba's Burgers. It costs way too much for what you receive. My self and my partner both had the surf and turf and I can say that the ribeye was the worst I've ever had. Full of gristle.

The service was not really adequate. We showed up 2 minutes before opening time and even though the staff was all there they would not seat us. Our waiter was pleasant but not very attentive and did not check with us at the end of the meal as to our satisfaction.

This is a place to avoid especially considering that there are a number of other restaurants of quality in the area.

Sandpoint, Idaho, USA
“Disappointing quality for the price”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

For the high prices which didn't even include salad or soup, the quality of food wasn't that great compared to other area restaurants. I didn't feel well for days after having the Paella seafood dish which had a strange taste. On another occasion, a steak was a bit tough although the 2 scallops included were good. Drinks are fair, but could have had more booze in them. the view was excellent, but it would have been nice to have a wall open up to the ocean air if good weather.

Visited January 2014
cape cod, ma
“The tasting menu is a plus”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Tasting menu (not always available) provided a lovely meal with just enough to satisfy. Service inconsistent.

Visited January 2014

Been to RumFire? Share your experiences!