“Dinner”

RumFire
Ranked #13 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: RumFire Poipu Beach is Kauai's oceanfront hot spot, boasting a magnificent setting at Sheraton Kauai Resort on the island's south shore. RumFire's exquisite dining room is the perfect choice for a memorable dinner, artfully blending locally sourced cuisine with global influences. The broad, open-spaced restaurant and lounge is flooded with natural lighting from floor-to-ceiling windows, which also provide incomparable views of the Pacific Ocean and Kauai's stunning sunsets.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Had dinner to night, 3 out of 4 dinners good, 1 was very cold, we travel with our own wine especially to Hawaii corkage fee $47.00, way to pricey. Our waitress Mandy was wonderful

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Aloha. We just returned from a romantic weekend getaway in Kauai! We live in O'ahu and wanted to have a special dinner to celebrate my birthday. The bellboy in our hotel suggested Rumfire and said that he eats there at least once a week. I actually had my 30th birthday party at the Rumfire in Oahu but have never eaten a meal there. So, I was easily sold on the idea. Rumfire is located in Poipu at the Sheraton. The outdoor area outside of Rumfire was really nice. We did not have to wait at all for a table since we had reservations but it would have been a beautiful setting if one had to wait. We were seated by a window with a great ocean view. There are lights outside so even if it is night time you can still see the waves crashing, which we did not see at any of the other places where we dined oceanside at night during this trip. We started out with some cocktails. They were great, equally strong and yummy. For appetizers we had the poke served w/ taro chips, a flat bread (and the shrimp lumpia. They were all delicious, but I am Filipino and must rave about the lumpia. First of all, it has a very cool presentation being served super local island style but I'm not gonna say so you will have to go and check it out. The shape of the lumpia was much different than traditional lumpia and I really enjoyed both the way it looked and the we were able to eat it a bit differently. The shrimp was perfect and the dipping sauce sealed the deal. BRAVO to the Chef on this one!!!! For dinner I had a buttery scallop risotto served w/ edamame. I'm not usually a risotto kind of a gal, but it sounded so good and tasted even better than I thought. I don't remember what my boyfriend had, but it was some kinda rib/meat dish that literally melted in my mouth and was served w/ taro mash that was really yummy. It made me happy to see that they were incorporating the kalo or taro into the menu in another way than just poi. We were lucky enough to have room left for dessert and had a flourless Sea Salt Chocolate souffle served with dulce de leche ice cream. This dessert did not disappoint us. Rumfire is an excellent dining experience. The service was great, from the hostess to the server and to Chef Roger and Chef Raymond. The food was absolutely amazing and the ambiance could not have been more perfect. Mahalo nui RUMFIRE KAUAI for helping me to celebrate my birthday in such a satiating way! We will defnitely be back!

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This restaurant is part of the Sheraton hotel. It opened about a year or so ago. We had a really delicious meal and a nice sunset to match. Our only disappointment was that we specifically met with the concierge and asked for an early seating at a table by the "front" window so we could enjoy the sunset. That did not happen and they didn't rectify it when we complained. Be sure you are insistent. It's a little on the pricey side but totally worth it.

2  Thank Sunvalleyjodi
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our dinner here. We were lucky enough to get a window table, always a bonus in a restaurant with such a great view. I ordered a local green salad with avo and grapefruit, it was perfect. My son had a flat bread pizza with pesto and shrimp he ate every bite. For entrees I had the cast iron chicken with ginger glaze, I wanted to lick the bottom of plate it was so good but that would have embarrassed my teenager. He had the short ribs. We both had dessert, and loved it. My favorite thing was I had this great three course meal and was completely gluten free. We will be back again for sure.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Situated in the Sheraton in Poipu. The bar is great, especially around sunset. Wines by the glass was a good and varied selection at reasonable Prices. Our first night, we came back and had dinner, the hostess and waiter were great, but our dishes were just OK, certainly not bad just "hotel" food. A bit too generic given the price.

1  Thank asahoo

Been to RumFire? Share your experiences!