“Good times in Poipu”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poipu
Alihi Lani Poipu Beach Oceanfront Condominiums
Ranked #6 of 29 Specialty Lodging in Poipu
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We went to Kauai for our second time this year and decided to go to Cynthia's condo, based on the excellent reviews. It is a beautiful place. The balcony has comfy furniture and a fan, beautiful views. We were up close to the water and my 5 year old daughter and I would count turtles every morning. Each room has an air conditioner and a TV. The kitchen is fully stocked with pots/pans/utensils/condiments. Most importantly there was coffee AND FILTERS !! We always forget filters when we stay in a vacation rental. Cynthia has beach chairs, towels and boogie boards ready to go, my daughter used everything in the unit. The laundry machines were also well used. Walking distance to the Sheraton beach, you have to drive to Brennake's beach if you have a child.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review for our home at Alihi Lani #4.

I would clarify however, that Brennecke's Beach is not for children - it is for serious boogie boarders. Poipu Beach Park is nice for little kids or Baby Beach.

The Sheraton Beach, which is an easy short walk - all flat with sidewalks - is actually 'Poipu Beach' as well and has fantastic large white sands with fun waves for swimming, boogie boarding or surfing.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This was our fourth visit to Kauai and it just keeps getting better. The upgrades in the condo are outstanding and when combined with the renovation of the pool and landscaping, makes it feel like we were at a completely new and different property.

Waking up to the sound of the ocean, having our morning coffee on the lanai, walking along the coast, watching turtles and relaxing by the pool are the recurring highlights that never get old. This location is perfect and I will be coming back for years to come. I already miss the serenity of it all. Thanks Ron!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Darlene S
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Excellent location to food, beach and snorkeling! We had a great time and will remember that porch for a long time!

Room Tip: If you like whale watching and seeing the sunset from your own patio, this is the spot for you.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlohaJay
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed in number three. What a perfect place. Quiet yet close to town. Watch whales and turtles from balcony and yard. We thought it was even better than the pictures. Ron is super great to deal with and alway easy to reach. Sunsets are amazing and just outside your door with about 180 degree view of ocean. Condo well furnished, very clean, and very modern. Great for kids, perfect pool.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank AllHallowsEve
Reviewed November 25, 2011

For our first visit to Kauai, we stayed in Alihi Lani #2 for ten days last April.
We were totally happy with the condo, which was spotlessly clean and had plenty of room for our family of four. After seeing the mega condo complexes in Poipu, we were so glad we'd chosen this small six-plex. We enjoyed watching sea turtles and whales in the ocean across the street, and our kids, ages 11 and 13, had fun in the small pool, which they usually had to themselvesl. We appreciated the boogie boards and umbrellas in the closet, as well as the puzzles and books. Unlike some condos we've stayed in, the kitchen was well stocked with pots, pans and utensils, and we ate most meals there. Poipu Connection handled our reservation, and dealing with them was easy; they were quite helpful. This condo does not have air conditioning, but we didn't need it; the cool breeze came in at night. If we return to Kauai, we wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Amelia2
Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is our 2nd stay at the Alihi Lani #3. We were here last year for our wedding and this year for our 1 year anniversary. I've visited the island of Kauai since I was 2 years old and never tire of it.

I've done thorough research of dozens of condos and this one is by far the best on the South side of Kauai (or in my opinion, the entire island!). For our anniversary trip back I did look at other condos since there would only be 2 of us visiting but even the popular oceanfront Kuhio Shores couldn't tear me away from staying at Ron's place. Even though it's a 2 bedroom, I told my husband I will pay extra to stay there again. That's how beautiful his place is. (We did end up bringing another couple so it worked out perfect - and they absolutely loved it!).

The condo is located in the Koloa/Poipu area. Once of the best swimming spots on the island. It's close to absolutely everything needed. Shopping, dinning, beach. Parking is simple, never crowded and just steps to the front door. The 1st floor gives you quick access to parking and the pool. This condo has a gorgeous view of the sunset every evening and turtles & dolphins every morning.

Newly updated it has everything, pots, pans, blender, dishes, spices for cooking, paper towels, coffee & filters, dishwashing liquid, laundry soap - everything really. Enough space for 4 - 5 adults without feeling too crowded. I love that the pool is literally 4-5 steps from the lanai. The grounds are kept up very nicely and the landscaping is gorgeous!

The master has a california king, super comfy and the 2nd bedroom has 2 twins, equally as comfortable. You can fall asleep to the ocean in the 2nd bedroom. We slept with the sliding doors open every night. Even in the middle of August, you don't need A/C. You get a nice breeze through this place once the doors & windows are open.

The best place about this condo and the only reason to book is because the condo complex is SMALL. You're not sharing parking with 200 other units or fighting for a spot at the pool. Only 6 units in this entire complex and some aren't even vacant so it's like having the entire place to yourself. The owner, Ron is quick to respond and very friendly! I've dealt with other condo owners before and by far he's the most professional. Thanks for letting us enjoy your condo again Ron and hope to visit again in the years to come!

Room Tip: Ground floor is closer to the pool
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank lisacas1
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We're fortunate to travel a fair bit as a family, and we are always looking for that special place that has that something 'extra'. Alihi Lani #4 is one of those places. The condo has a great vibe. It was a fine size for a crew of four, including two teenagers. As others have mentioned, the place had everything from boogie boards and picnic equipment to lovely walk-in travertine showers and super-comfy beds. There were two drawers of movies, but who cares?! My guys were fascinated by the endless parade of sea turtles directly across the road from us. The lanai looks straight out over the ocean. We'd wake up to their little heads popping up and went to bed shortly after the sun set as we looked out of our balcony . I loved how the condo is only one of six in the complex -- this place is quiet and very chill. It certainly doesn't feel like a hotel, which we avoid at all costs. I also liked how it's so close to everything but seemed away from it all, if that makes sense. To top it off, the service was great from both Cynthia and her caretakers. We were foolish enough to hide our passports in the apartment and then depart for the North, leaving them behind. Kay was super generous and offered to meet me up in Lihue with the documents so we could leave the country, and she did this with such generosity. That's aloha spirit. I make part of my living arranging trips for other people I spent hours -- no, days -- researching properties before I put any money down on this trip, and I can heartily recommend this Alihi Lani #4 find to others!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family