“Wonderful holiday! This unit made it a please to...”

Review of Kahala 614

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Dana N
Grand Forks, Canada
“Wonderful holiday! This unit made it a please to stay!”
Reviewed January 24, 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This unit had everything you needed for your stay! Just bring the groceries and beverages and you are set! Large main bedroom and comfortable bed. Bathroom facilities AAA!
My only regret was no fitness gym on the whole complex!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location to the beach - on ground floor
Liked least: No fitness facility
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
JC98029
Seattle, Washington
“Great place. Perfect for 3-4 people. Awesome location.”
Reviewed December 17, 2014 for a stay in December 2014

The whole trip, my "privileged" daughter kept asking if we could buy the unit. Don't I wish.

Things my wife and I loved (and we are frequent vacation and business trip travelers):
* Huge walk-in closet with plenty of hangers, hanging space and shelf space.
* Large enough safe to fit big laptops (not that you should be doing work, c'mon).
* Comfy master bed and double sinks in the bathroom meant my wife and I could get ready without totally getting in each other's way. Pillows were comfy, sheets were super comfy, too.
* Powerful plug-in fan in the closet (if angled window slits and ceiling fan aren't enough for you).
* Large kitchen counterpart with stools on the living room side made it easy for us to gather around as we prepared meals.
* Great ocean view and only a modest walk down to the beach.
* The company we rented through had a complimentary bottle of wine and 2 glasses in the fridge awaiting us. Very nice touch.
* Quiet.
* Hallway closet was stocked with adequate stuff for the beach, which meant we didn't need to rent beach chairs or boogie boards or a sun umbrella. (We brought our own snorkels, masks, and fins).
* Drawers in master bath and in kitchen all had "soft-close" dampening.
* Good and free WiFi and clear instructions on how to connect located in the room.
* Healthy stock of paperback and hardback books to read in the entertainment console and hallway closet.
* At the complex, they have adequate locations of fairly good question Weber propane BBQ grills with light switches so you can actually see better than with just a headlamp (if you brought one) or flashlight from your smartphone.
* Loved that there was a dedicated, numbered parking spot and it was very close to the front door.

Only minor suggestions for improvement:
1) In hotter months, air conditioning would be nice but I understand the challenges of having even a stand-alone unit there now that I've seen how the glass window slats are designed.
2) Just like with hotels, there doesn't ever seem to be enough AC power ports in good spots. And in the master BR, it would be nice if they at least had a multi-port power strip running off the AC port at the back of the bed running off to both sides, so it would be easy for each person to have their cell phone and other items plugged in. (I was on the right side, and I had to use the AC port next to the dresser).

Not only would we recommend this vacation rental, we would look to stay at this exact unit again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Ocean view and close walking distance down to the beach
Traveling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Reviewed January 10, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
Sep 17, 2014
Aloha Maria S.,

Suite Paradise takes pride in offering you and your family a beach villa that you will love and it sounds like we achieved success. Thank you for making us aware of the issue with the romantic mesh around your bed. With all of our trade winds, some items can pick up Kauai's pervasive volcanic red dust from the outside. Rest assured that our competent staff will address this and your lovely ocean view villa will be perfect for your next visit.

Liz Parisi

Rugged travelers
MA
Reviewed July 6, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing