“Incredible! Loved it!”
Review of Kauai Surf School

Kauai Surf School
Ranked #1 of 19 Outdoor Activities in Poipu
More attraction details
Owner description: The Kauai Surf School offers Group, Private surf lessons, and Surf Clinics daily at the Kiahuna Beach in Poipu.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my first ever surf lesson with Allan from the Kauai Surf School. Early on in the lesson, he already had me riding the waves straight to the beach. He was also just a fun person to spend some time with.

I wasn't able to book this school through the concierge at the Kiahuna Plantation and the Beach Bungalows, but after checking out the different reviews and speaking to them directly, I knew this was the place to go with. You can also pay by credit card right there on the beach.

Highly recommended!

"a couple times"
"awesome experience"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I would definitely recommend Kauai Surf School to everyone. I had my first surf lesson today with Kyle. He is an excellent instructor-very encouraging, informative, knowledgeable, and fun. I was able to stand on my first try! The location and conditions were great, and this is definitely the highlight of my trip so far.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I highly recommend using this company for a surf lesson. Fun for a reasonable price! Great instructor! He was very helpful, informative, and friendly!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Jamie took my son, who is a keen skier, for his first experience on the waves. They chatted for a good while, whilst Jamie explained the ‘psychology’ of the waves, and practiced a few jump up on your feet moves before getting in the water.
When they were in Jamie held the board till he recognised an easy wave and gave our son a little push to get started…and on his feet he was….first go!
He’s hooked now.
Well done Jamie.

1  Thank PaulinVence
See more reviews
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have recently returned back to the UK after an AMAZING visit to Kauai that included a rather eventful surfing lesson.

My sister and I decided that we would like to try surfing lessons and after taking advise from a fellow tourist we decided to book with the Beach Boys. We booked an early morning lesson as we hoped that it would be less crowded and much to our delight we found out that it would only be the two of us in the lesson.

We had our lesson with Kyle who was a great guy, very friendly and very encouraging and we were having great fun!! Unfortunately, half way through the lesson I was hit in the face by my board which subsiquently left my with a rather nasty cut across my cheek - obviously I panicked, but Kyle was great and acted straight away to get me back to shore and he, along with a couple of others (I'm sorry I did not get their names as I was a little pre-occupied) were fantastic with looking after me and keeping me calm - it was a particularly nice touch that Kyle called later that day to make sure that I was ok and to see how I got on at the hospital. As it turned out I had to have 11 stitches and unfortunately was not able to go back in the water for the rest of the holiday but this has not put me off surfing, and if I ever go back to Kauai I will most definately be booking another surfing lesson with the Beach Boys.

I would highly recommend the Beach Boys not only because they are so friendly and give great lessons, but also because they are great when things go wrong!!

Thankyou Kyle and the Beach Boys!!

KauaiSurfSchool, Owner at Kauai Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Aloha from the Kauai Surf School
Although we have a great instructor named Kyle we are not the Beach Boys and he was on vacation during your vacation. You must have surfed with the Beach Boys surf school on the other side of the Marriott in Poipu. Very glad that they were able to handle your crisis so well. We are the Kauai Surf School and are located in between the Kiahuna and Sheraton resorts. So even though this is a 5 star rating it is not ours. They would must likely love your review posted on their page.
Mahalo