“A Great Experience!”
Review of Kauai Surf School

Kauai Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: The Kauai Surf School offers Group, Private surf lessons, and Surf Clinics daily at the Kiahuna Beach in Poipu.
Crete, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A Great Experience!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I would definitely recommend Kauai Surf School to everyone. I had my first surf lesson today with Kyle. He is an excellent instructor-very encouraging, informative, knowledgeable, and fun. I was able to stand on my first try! The location and conditions were great, and this is definitely the highlight of my trip so far.

Visited December 2012

Plainview, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A Great Time!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I highly recommend using this company for a surf lesson. Fun for a reasonable price! Great instructor! He was very helpful, informative, and friendly!

Visited December 2012
Nelson, New Zealand
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Stood up on the first wave”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Jamie took my son, who is a keen skier, for his first experience on the waves. They chatted for a good while, whilst Jamie explained the ‘psychology’ of the waves, and practiced a few jump up on your feet moves before getting in the water.
When they were in Jamie held the board till he recognised an easy wave and gave our son a little push to get started…and on his feet he was….first go!
He’s hooked now.
Well done Jamie.

1 Thank PaulinVence
Windsor, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great in a crisis!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have recently returned back to the UK after an AMAZING visit to Kauai that included a rather eventful surfing lesson.

My sister and I decided that we would like to try surfing lessons and after taking advise from a fellow tourist we decided to book with the Beach Boys. We booked an early morning lesson as we hoped that it would be less crowded and much to our delight we found out that it would only be the two of us in the lesson.

We had our lesson with Kyle who was a great guy, very friendly and very encouraging and we were having great fun!! Unfortunately, half way through the lesson I was hit in the face by my board which subsiquently left my with a rather nasty cut across my cheek - obviously I panicked, but Kyle was great and acted straight away to get me back to shore and he, along with a couple of others (I'm sorry I did not get their names as I was a little pre-occupied) were fantastic with looking after me and keeping me calm - it was a particularly nice touch that Kyle called later that day to make sure that I was ok and to see how I got on at the hospital. As it turned out I had to have 11 stitches and unfortunately was not able to go back in the water for the rest of the holiday but this has not put me off surfing, and if I ever go back to Kauai I will most definately be booking another surfing lesson with the Beach Boys.

I would highly recommend the Beach Boys not only because they are so friendly and give great lessons, but also because they are great when things go wrong!!

Thankyou Kyle and the Beach Boys!!

Visited October 2012
KauaiSurfSchool, Owner at Kauai Surf School, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Aloha from the Kauai Surf School
Although we have a great instructor named Kyle we are not the Beach Boys and he was on vacation during your vacation. You must have surfed with the Beach Boys surf school on the other side of the Marriott in Poipu. Very glad that they were able to handle your crisis so well. We are the Kauai Surf School and are located in between the Kiahuna and Sheraton resorts. So even though this is a 5 star rating it is not ours. They would must likely love your review posted on their page.
Mahalo
Voohees, NJ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were nervous...well, I was. But the instructors were great and we all got up! It was great how they read the waves for us...spoiling us! It was exhausting but well worth it. Our 11 year old was definitely the best of the three of us!