“Mahalo Sparki”
Review of Kauai Surf School

Kauai Surf School
More attraction details
Owner description: The Kauai Surf School offers Group, Private surf lessons, and Surf Clinics daily at the Kiahuna Beach in Poipu.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My two daughters had a great time learning to surf and Sparki made it funny and low stress.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

Our kids (14 yr boy and 11 yr girl) had a great time learning the basics of surfing with Jamie and the Kauai Surf School. We reserved online prior to our trip and the communication was great. The class was small (one other person) and Jamie provided fantastic instruction. Kauai Surf School was very much appreciated.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

My son (13) and I had a great experience with Kauai Surf School…Clint was our instructor and was very clear about how to learn and perform the mechanics. We were up riding waves within the first hour…we had a blast and were catching waves all on our own within no time…just listen to what they are telling you and you’ll have a blast too!! Thanks Guys!!

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Kauai Surf School is the most professional surf school I have ever encountered. I take surf lessons on most every vacation where they are available to me. This one is staffed by professional, articulate people who warmly greet you, and engage you in a dynamic educational experience. Each time I made my attempt to ride a wave, many of which were successful thanks to the excellent instruction, my instructor gave me a push to catch the wave and clearly shouted "Stand up" at the opportune time. When I returned back to my instructor for my next attempt, he would give me very specific, simple observations as to what I did well, and would point out just one, or two, things to try to improve on my next attempt. The other surf schools on this beach were a very far cry from my experience. The instructors were completely unengaged. All they did was yell "Get up." In fact, in three days of surfing right next to instructors from other schools, I never heard them provide an ounce of coaching. They barely acknowledged their student upon their return, and simply pushed them into the next wave. If you want to be treated kindly, learn a ton and enjoy your experience, Kauai Surf School is the ONLY choice.

3  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

This was yet another shore excursion off the Pride of America. My kids were skeptical about surfing, but after the VERY short lesson they were up and surfing. I found the lesson OK, but the beach was VERY crowded with MANY beginner surfers. I felt very insecure with all of the people in the water. I did not get up on my board the entire time. If you are over 6' tall and have never surfed .. this is probably not a good place to learn. Another HUGE downer was that you had to carry your board (which when you are with 3 children means you get to carry 4 boards) ... My kids would probably return, but me ... Yeah, been there, done that .. time to move on ...