“Perfect home base in Kauai”

Review of Manualoha 1102

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Heather G
Windsor, California
“Perfect home base in Kauai”
Reviewed May 17, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

The entire Poipu Kai resort is wonderful, so if you don't stay I'm this particular unit, check into others. Also, the 30% response rate that tripadvisor dug guests is inaccurate. My response came the same day via Suite Paradise, the company that manages the condos .

Our condo is very clean, well-equipped and in a great location. There's a long green belt pathway that takes you right to Brennecke's beach and Poipu park. Everything you need is included-- full kitchen, extra sheets/pillows, games and books, washer/dryer, beach towels and comfortable lanai.

There is a "guest services" link on their website that gives you the opportunity to arrange to have beach stuff delivered right to your condo on the day of your arrival. We got snorkel sets, boogie boards, beach chairs and an umbrella for less than many of island outfitters charge and it was DELIVERED! An awesome perk.

There's no a/c here but we didn't miss it. The ceiling fans and Hawaiian breezes keep the condo comfortable.
Beautiful pools with nice views and BBQ grills. Quiet property, beautiful landscaping.

Wifi is free and not shared. Excellent connection.

Will definitely stay here again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness, accessibility to beaches, cost
Liked least: No complaints
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Jul 14, 2016
Aloha Heather G,
Thank you for your review. We really enjoyed having you stay at our condo, and we look forward to having you and your ohana coming back in the near future.
Mahalo!
Reviewed October 12, 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Young singles Friends getaway
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
WA
Reviewed February 23, 2014 for a stay in February 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Management Response
Sep 17, 2014
Aloha RLV,

What a perfect vacation in paradise complete with frolicking whales,singing birds and beautiful flowering trees! We are happy to hear that we, at Suite Paradise, were able to give you a special lifetime experience. Most of our homes and condos in Kauai are not air conditioned because we are lucky to have our lovely, cooling tropical breezes even in the summertime. However, Suite Paradise has a limited inventory of air conditioned beach villas that are available to you. You can find this selection by clicking on the link at the bottom of our homepage. We hope to see you in lovely Poipu Beach in the near future.

Liz Parsi

Sunvalley...
Sun Valley, ID
“Just OK”
Reviewed February 8, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Let me start with the positives:
Loved having 2 full bathrooms (although the 3/4 bath had the tiniest shower stall. I could barely lift my leg without bonking my head!). We had a lovely and delicious bottle of wine waiting in the frig with 2 chilled glasses. In our closet were 2 lovely bathrobes and the kitchen did provide some very simple basics like salt & pepper, a little oil and a tiny bit of saran wrap (it's amazing to us how few condos ever have these basic supplies so I had some with me). The owners also supplied beach towels and beach chairs as well as beach umbrellas. The place was very clean but dated.

Now for the "not so good". If I stood on my tippy toes about 20 ft off the patio I could see the ocean so this made the condo a bit dark, especially the kitchen. Speaking of the kitchen, it is very dated. The condo was not wired with Wi-Fi (I had read that part wrong). They had ethernet so my husband was able to plug in his computer but I was out of luck with my iPad. Working on my iPhone for 2 wks was NOT fun. There was NO laundry service at all so I did the towels and bedding. I now know of other places that provide DAILY towel resupply if needed and weekly bedding change. All of that would've been fairly expensive at Manualoha. But I guess the worse part was they charged my husband $4 for a single page incoming Fax and was going to charge us $10 to print our boarding passes. Really?? That was it for me. We have already found much better place for 2014 for about the same amount of money. I would rather pass on the wine and the bathrobes and get clean towels every few days and Wi-Fi :) Aloha

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How close our parking space was to the condo
Liked least: the darkness and the kitchen
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Olympia WA
Reviewed January 17, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing