This resort is where we let ourselves splurge during our 3 island vacation. We only spent three days here, unfortunately, so we didn't even get to try the pool. Our condo was very close to the ocean and we had a terrific view. We also didn't try the restaurant on site because we wanted to explore other places on the island. Our assessment was basically of the condo and how the building was situated on the grounds of the resort.
The condo (#185) was really nice. I like the high ceiling and the fans were much needed. Once the doors to the balcony were open, a refreshing breeze filled the rooms. The bathroom can feel a little still when the door is shut, though.
Our only complaint is the lighting outside at night is very dim. We tried to find our way to the laundry building and it wasn't easy. While there, numerous guests stopped to ask us directions on how to get to the registration building. That tells us that at night, it's hard to find one's way around this property.
When we checked in, the activities planner was very willing to help us make reservations for all the things one must do on Kauai, but we felt like if we didn't make a commitment on the spot, our chance to do them at all were lost. That's not the case, though, and she didn't inform us that there were other options for us. She was trying to sell us on the companies she had contracts with and they were pretty much completely booked.
I suggest making sure you have adequate information on ALL the businesses who conduct tours where you want to go (and review them as well because they are not all alike). There were quite a few open spaces on other boat trips than the one she suggested. ULTIMATE KAUAI is a great book, as are their other guides.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai by Outrigger(R) is situated on a 35-acre oceanfront setting at Poipu Beach shaded by tall swaying palms and scented by fragrant plumeria blossoms. Play at the resort's swimming beach, dine at Plantation Gardens Restaurant, and tee off at Kiahuna Golf Club. The internationally-recognized orchid and succulent gardens are living legacies of this former plantation estate. Explore historic Koloa Town a few minutes away, drive west to Waimea Canyon, or east to Hanalei on the north shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Vacatia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Kiahuna Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation Hotel Poipu
- Outrigger Hotel Kiahuna Plantation
- Outrigger Hotel Koloa
- Outrigger Poipu
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai/Poipu