Kiahuna Plantation Resort
Marriott
$749
$674
Hyatt.com
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
$659
The Kauai Inn(Lihue)(Great Value!)
$252
$241
$190
Travelocity
1,823 results
All reviewsbeach hutcactus gardencastle resortsroyal garden viewno air conditioningroad noiseathletic clublouvered windowsbeautiful groundsbeach chairs and towelsthrough vrbopoipu roadbedroom condocloser to the beachlaundry facilitypartial ocean viewgreat beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I think that with a beautiful grounds and wonderful beach area, you could not do better for the price. Althought the rooms are all the same inside, the Castle chain offers many buildings to choose from based on their location in the plantation with various prices. As my girlfriend and I thought we would be away from the room throughout most of our 12 day stay, we could choose the lowest priced room. Unfortunately these locations were close to the main road. In the early morning hours, service vehicles had to rev their engines to get from the sea level area of the plantation up the grade to the main road. Along with this noise was the roosters crowing the entire night as well as into the morning. I would advise travellers to choose a room closer to the beach area away from the road and chickens. There is no air conditioning or elevators but this was not an issue for us.
I would return to this resort without hesitation.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a view closer to the beach area and use the many discounts for AAA, Veterans or age to bring down the price.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed here for a week in late Feb, early March. I read a TON of reviews, so felt I had a good idea what to expect. It helped- the noisy roosters and the fact that we did end up along Poipu Rd weren't as annoying as they would have been had we not been warned! We stayed in unit 407 and it was a bit far (across the street from the other condo buildings), but also very secluded and quiet. Our windows all had screens, so that was one good thing. The trade winds were in full effect, so we had a wonderful breeze throughout the condo. We had breakfast and dinner most nights there, so we felt the kitchen was well equipped. We LOVED the location in Poipu and will definitely stay here again, but will probably book direct with owners to secure a specific condo. The grounds are amazing and we went out to the main lawn every night for soccer and the pre-sunset. We would love to get an ocean view 2 bedroom next time.

The pool and tennis club across the street were just ok, but I wouldn't say it dampened our stay at all. We went swimming twice, it was too cold for me both times, but my husband and 3 year old got it and enjoyed the slide. Casablanca was closed for the rest of the year/season? Not sure. The Marketplace next door was great however. Keoki's Paradise was wonderful! We went twice. We drove around the Island most days, so Kiahuna Plantations fit our needs perfectly.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LAtravelgirl_22
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This outrigger resort is located between two local beach access points, which really should be fine. However noone regulates who comes and goes. The place is packed with people who do not reside here, our partial ocean view ended up being a "full of people" public garden view. The staff is very nice here, they hand out complimentary beach chairs to anyone who asks. You don't have to stay here to sit right in front of someone Lanai. This "kindness" is extended to the parking lot, which has a sign that states "For Kiahuna Guests Only". With nobody enforcing that though this parking lot is just another public parking lot. So even though you may have rented a Condo right on the beach, expect to walk way up the hill to find a spot.
The other thing this open door policy brings is lots and lots of foot traffic, which again is fine if you are camping on a public beach. This foot traffic is wonderfully amplified by the absence of windows. Yes there are no windows in these units. They have screens that are externally covered by Wood shutters. Another "great" feature is that you can actually just manually open these wood shutters from the outside to peek in. Again bringing about the feeling of camping on a public beach.
The beach itself is very nice, there are lots and lots of people of course and the currents are rather strong. The pool of this property is about a quarter mile up the hill and across the road, with very cold water.
Needless to say I wish I had just talked to someone that stayed here before having to experience this myself.

I miss Maui...or maybe some other part of this island.

Room Tip: Another Resort altogether
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank travelsalotmore
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This is an older complex but we were fortunate to get an updated unit. We were farther from the beach than we would have liked but it was a fairly short walk. There isn't a pool on the grounds!
Guests have use of a pool & tennis courts across the highway! The pool & spa are not maintained well at all. There are no refreshments of any kind available.The restaurant at the pool went out of business. My husband was unhappy about the inconvenience of the pool & I agree it's strange. He enjoys swimming & reading by the pool. Unfortunately we would choose a different resort for future vacations on Kauai.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Dinah F
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We rented a condo at the Kiahuna Plantation managed by "Outrigger" ?Hotels, a part of a large development of condos, which, for reasons I was not able to determine is divided into two management (and ownership?) sections, the other one managed by Castle Resorts. They appear to share common space equally, and the Plantation Gardens Restaurant is for both units. We were in a building very close to the beach, which gave us a nice view of the sunsets, on the upper of two floors. Other units had as many as three floors and were set back quite a way from the beach. We did not see into the units, but I am guessing each has been furnished individually. Ours was comfortable, but we did not like the very heavy breakfast/dining table and chairs. Nevertheless, it was comfortable, there was free internet and tv, the staff, especially the concierge, was very accommodating. Next door, the Red Salt Restaurant served delicious, if fairly pricey, dinners. There were many families with small children at the Plantation, a nice sand beach, a grill on the green, nice for them, too.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple