The Kiahuna Outrigger is located on a great beach and has nice, tropical grounds. However, our room (#211) is in need of updating and an even greater need of a deep clean. The wallpaper is pealing up at every seam and the showers have mold between the tiles and in the caulking. Some of the bathroom and kitchen tiles were broken. Also things like the cabinet to the kitchen garbage had residue all around it.
I would return to stay here only if I could know in advance the specific unit I would be renting. I am sure several units are nice but not the one we stayed in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai by Outrigger(R) is situated on a 35-acre oceanfront setting at Poipu Beach shaded by tall swaying palms and scented by fragrant plumeria blossoms. Play at the resort's swimming beach, dine at Plantation Gardens Restaurant, and tee off at Kiahuna Golf Club. The internationally-recognized orchid and succulent gardens are living legacies of this former plantation estate. Explore historic Koloa Town a few minutes away, drive west to Waimea Canyon, or east to Hanalei on the north shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kiahuna Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation Hotel Poipu
- Outrigger Hotel Kiahuna Plantation
- Outrigger Hotel Koloa
- Outrigger Poipu
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai/Poipu