Kiahuna Plantation Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort(Poipu)
1,823 results
All reviewsbeach hutcactus gardencastle resortsroyal garden viewno air conditioningroad noiseathletic clublouvered windowsbeautiful groundsbeach chairs and towelsthrough vrbopoipu roadbedroom condocloser to the beachlaundry facilitypartial ocean viewgreat beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely week in Unit 324 at the Kiahuna Plantation. The Outrigger staff took care of any issues we had. Wireless internet worked well. The condo was clean. My wife enjoyed visiting the local Farmers' Market on Monday. She was able to cook several meals during our stay. The 5 minute walk to the beach was always pleasant with so many beautiful flowers to see. The beach was very nice with enough "wave action" to be fun. We will be back again.

Room Tip: Koloa Fish Market has great plate lunches.
1  Thank AlohaDon
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Room 150, Bldg 23. No WiFi! Called for service, Oceanic arrived and the tech noted same problem two weeks earlier. Said new cable had to be installed but owners were not responsive. And they weren't. Since I maintain websites, this was a MAJOR inconvenience (had to use a nearby Starbucks each day).

Except for toilet, all the plumbing needs updating. Faucets are loose. Tub would not drain.

Lest you think I'm just a complainer, I actually found the room clean and convenient. We enjoyed our stay and will return as we've done in the past. Kiahuna is a great location. The Plantation Restaurant was very good.

Room Tip: I'm not certain you can exclude any particular room or demand Wi-Fi. But I'll be doing both for my next visit. Stay away from 150 and Bldg 23.
1  Thank Murry S
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed in Bldg. 26 unit 170, to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary. It was nice and had a partial ocean view. We walked 2 minutes to the beach. The unit was nicely decorated and clean. The bed was comfortable.

One problem I had was finding the cutting board, of all things. It was under the sink where I never looked for it! The other thing was the refrigerator is old and runs constantly.

Most of the "windows" in these units have no glass, just shutters with screens. We didn't know this. We could hear a man nearby snoring at night and also coughing and sneezing loudly. Other than that, it was quiet.

I would go back but would probably spring for a full ocean view.

Going in the winter is different because the weather is so variable. We didn't spend a lot of time at the beach. This is definitely a nice place to stay if you're in a unit close to the beach like we were. Overall, we had a great time!

Room Tip: Definitely look at the map of the place. Choose a place with an ocean view if possible. It's wonderful to sit on your lanai and take in the view!
2  Thank LoveUnlimited
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Bldg 10 unit 80 was very disappointing as there were numerous issues with the unit ranging from the inability to close the screen doors leading to the patio to banging your knees on the tub when using the toilet.....Drive to the pool across the street or walk 10 minutes to the beach...If I had small children it would be a nightmare.....Perhaps my expectations were too high based on others description but this property overall was a complete and utter disappointment....Never again!!

Room Tip: If you are looking for an easy to use and readily accessible beach and pool area....RUN while you can cause this place ain't got it!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank LAP159
KiahunaGM, General Manager at Kiahuna Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

We are very sorry that your recent stay was not perfect for you. As you booked directly with the homeowner of this unit (which gets great reviews normally), I shared your comments with them and invited them to respond to you. Below please find thier comments:

"We were very surprised to see this guest's review. I was sad that he was so unhappy with our unit 80. We have been renting our home away from home for the last 6 years and have never had a problem with a guest being unhappy. We have had numerous repeat guests as well as excellent reviews. Please see our December review on TA from a very happy recent guest. I am very surprised at this screen door comment as they are new. The bathroom was also just remodeled. His comment about the beach and pool does not make sense. We rent to a lot of families due to our location. I guess the truth of the matter is that you can't please everyone all the time but we will keep trying. Aloha, Alan and Denise Owners of Unit 80"

Mahalo,

Roy Thompson

Reviewed January 30, 2013

The room far exceeded our expectations! Huge 2 story with washer and dryer. Nicely decorated and very comfortable and lovely garden view. Short walk to beach, just an overall great place to stay. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Garden deluxe is great for family
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family