Just got back from Kauai' after a full 7 nights stay at the Outrigger Kiahuna. We had a partial ocean view/garden view. This condominium unit was centrally located on the south shore within walking distance of the most popular snorkeling swimming beach around. The condo was great, with lots of room to move around. No air conditioning, but lots of fans and windows. It had a great patio, large and roomy which also allowed the tropical breeze to blow around and help to keep this kool. It was tough to get onto the wifi and eventually had to ask the front desk for exact, specific directions...they eventually offered a handout, but only after I asked. The flat screen TV was on the fritz; it worked when it wanted to; you'd get sound but no screen., and that lasted for the entire week The kitchen was great! It had lots of room to move around and cook. You get free room service mid-week and you needed too; all the towels were wet. They never seemed to be able to dry completely. Be sure to purchase some cheap beach towels while you're there. There's a shopping/eating area across the street. Lots of restaurants. There are a few grocery stores very close by in Kaloa, but everything is super expensive; milk, break, cereal. Make a stop at Costco if you can and check out their deli section. Generous portions of delicious food, in good containers that will last you through the week..Don't waste your time bringing snorkeling gear from home; you can rent it all by the day or week right there at the resort. $15 dollars for fins, snorkel and mask. There is just so much to do and see that we found out that 7 days was not nearly enough time to just lay on the beach and relax. Be sure to check out the Spouting Horn, the Allerton Garden, The coffee plantation...The hotel can easily hook you up with whatever adventure you'd like to check out.
A 1 hour helicopter ride around the island is an absolute must, if you don't do anything else.
Over all I'd say that the Outrigger is the way to go. We are making plans to go back next year and will stay at the same place, but up closer to the ocean. I hope that this helps you out. Oh! You really don;t need to bring too many extra clothes along. A couple of bathing suits, tee-shirts, a wrap or two for you wahines and of course SUN GLASSES! Aloha!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai by Outrigger(R) is situated on a 35-acre oceanfront setting at Poipu Beach shaded by tall swaying palms and scented by fragrant plumeria blossoms. Play at the resort's swimming beach, dine at Plantation Gardens Restaurant, and tee off at Kiahuna Golf Club. The internationally-recognized orchid and succulent gardens are living legacies of this former plantation estate. Explore historic Koloa Town a few minutes away, drive west to Waimea Canyon, or east to Hanalei on the north shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kiahuna Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation Hotel Poipu
- Outrigger Hotel Kiahuna Plantation
- Outrigger Hotel Koloa
- Outrigger Poipu
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai/Poipu