This is our second trip to Kiahuna Plantation. We were here for two weeks at Christmas. This place is OK. Just. The beach is small. The swimming pool is quite a walk, on the other side of the busiest street in Koloa/Poipu Beach and quite a walk from there. Avoid the buildings on Poipu Street; 17, 18, 37, etc. We stayed in 18 this time and the road noise is really annoying. If you are coming to Poipu, this is still a good deal (we paid $3028 total for 13 nights including all taxes and service fees) especially at Christmas time. We won't stay here again, though. We were in Placencia, Belize at Thanksgiving and the charm of Central America contrasts starkly with the crowds and commercialism of Kauai. We'll take the former.
Our same tip from years ago still applies. Book directly with owners. It's a much better deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai by Outrigger(R) is situated on a 35-acre oceanfront setting at Poipu Beach shaded by tall swaying palms and scented by fragrant plumeria blossoms. Play at the resort's swimming beach, dine at Plantation Gardens Restaurant, and tee off at Kiahuna Golf Club. The internationally-recognized orchid and succulent gardens are living legacies of this former plantation estate. Explore historic Koloa Town a few minutes away, drive west to Waimea Canyon, or east to Hanalei on the north shore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Kiahuna Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Kiahuna Plantation Hotel Poipu
- Outrigger Hotel Kiahuna Plantation
- Outrigger Hotel Koloa
- Outrigger Poipu
- Kiahuna Plantation Resort Kauai/Poipu