“Three words: Wasabi Sour Cream”
Review of Da Crack

Da Crack
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Aloha! We are a local owned family business. We offer Mexican style dishes with a Hawaiian twist. We serve fresh, locally caught fish, Shrimp, Beef, Chicken, Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian and gluten free Items. We only use fresh ingredients and everything is made in house. We also only use Hawaiian sea salt. We DO NOT use any MSG, Lard or trans fatty oils or Hydrogenated oils. Everything is prepared with a health conscious approach. Thank you for taking the time to view my establishment! Mahalo!
Reviewed June 18, 2014

While in Kauai, we not only wanted to reign in our food budget a little, but we like eating at less "touristy" places when possible. Da Crack is quite literally a hole in the wall; you walk up to a window and order your food, and aside from a couple of benches, there is no other seating. So my husband, 10-year-old daughter, and I ate our delicious burritos al fresco. The portions are huge (we could have easily split one between two people but what fun is that?) and we all got something different so we could try one another's meals. Everything was fantastic. We walked over to Uncle's Shave Ice to douse the fires of the sour cream wasabi, which is my new favorite thing. When I (hopefully) return to Kauai, Da Crack is on da list of where to eat.

3  Thank Bucklebear
Write a ReviewReviews (1,300)

Reviewed June 18, 2014

If you stay in Poipu for any length of time, you'll realize that you need some "real" food that doesn't cost a bundle. Da Crack is great for lunch or dinner, and they'll customize their fresh Mex food for you. (One note, I found that the Mexican rice tasted like raw garlic so I opted for the plain brown rice).

1  Thank ReneeRon
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I got the chipotle shrimp taco with wasabi sour cream. It was very good and plenty of food for one person. It came with rice and beans. I didn't care for the Mexican rice, the seasoning wasn't very good. The chips were pretty greasy but everything else was great. I would definitely go back here

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Simply the "best burrito ever." Get it stuffed with everything they offer... One was a meal for two!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Amazing!! So glad we found this hole in the wall!
Locals recommended Da Crack to us and I'm SO glad they did! It's all made from scratch on site, all local and organic with a few specials for the week. The portions are generous - could even share one between two. We came here numerous times. Just make sure you get there before they close at 8pm!