“Still One of the Best Food Values on Kauai”
Review of Da Crack

Da Crack
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Aloha! We are a local owned family business. We offer Mexican style dishes with a Hawaiian twist. We serve fresh, locally caught fish, Shrimp, Beef, Chicken, Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian and gluten free Items. We only use fresh ingredients and everything is made in house. We also only use Hawaiian sea salt. We DO NOT use any MSG, Lard or trans fatty oils or Hydrogenated oils. Everything is prepared with a health conscious approach. Thank you for taking the time to view my establishment! Mahalo!
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Please see our previous review. Still great food at great prices. Service is friendly, and seems a little faster .

Their chipotle shrimp and chicken burritos are our favorites. You can customize your order with different types of rice, beans, and veggies.

If you like burritos, and/or want to eat well but inexpensively on Kauai, Da Crack is the place. We've visited Da Crack over a dozen times during our trips to Kauai over the past few years, and will return on our next trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,330)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

After reading the reviews for this place and driving by it many times, we decided to check it out. Great food! We each had the chicken (it’s shredded) burrito bowl… the cabbage instead of lettuce works really well with the other ingredients. You just go up to the window, pick out what you want and they put it all together for you. It’s really a TO GO place…I didn’t see any seating nearby but truthfully I didn’t look too hard since we were planning to take ours back to the condo and enjoy. I love finding little “hole-in-the-wall” places and now we have a new place to enjoy…my husband is already planning his next meal from Da Crack!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Out of the way, literal hole in the wall (walk up window) with delicious, fresh, enormous burritos. Plenty of flavorful vegetarian options. Be aware that the Mexican brown rice is prepared with chicken stock, but both the pinto and black beans are vegan friendly. They use fresh cabbage in the burritos rather than iceberg lettuce. This was surprising delicious, not obviously cabbage-like and maintained a crisp crunchiness that iceberg probably would have lost.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

No view, eat in your car, take it back to your condo, sit on a small bench and watch the waves... all around solid mexican, very good fish tacos, their quesidila is more like a monster cheese burrito. Fast (usually five minutes), gives you enough time to get some other stuff in the market next door. I always eat at least two meals here while on the island. Lunch or dinner, wear your finest t-shirt.

Reviewed March 15, 2014

We saw this little window in the wall when we went to the grocery store next door. There were a lot of people standing around waiting outside so I thought I better check it out, I saw that it was Mexican food and was intrigued. After we got back to our room I checked reviews and saw they were wonderful, so we put it on our list of places to try. I have to say I am glad we did! The good was amazing! I got a burrito bowl (I eat gluten free & it was a challenge at many places... but not here!) The burrito bowl was huge with Mexican style brown rice.... that right there really sold me on this place! But in addition to the wonderful & healthy rice, it was loaded with meat, cheese, sour cream, fresh cabbage & tomatoes on top! I keep craving it even now that I am home! There was enough food that I ate half for dinner and half for breakfast! My husband got a burrito and it was huge and equally as good! I cannot say enough good about this place! I only wish we had some this good at home!

1  Thank Traci H