We spent a week with three generations in a three bedroom unit. It was spacious, comfortable and well appointed. The master suite is enormous; the twin room was large and very nice. The third bedroom that we (grandparents) used was small, and the bathroom was only accessible via the hall. Laundry facilities are good, but read the instructions as you MUST keep the door closed when it is in use (otherwise, the heat spills into the unit). The walls slide into pockets allowing open lanai access. The weather was unusually rainy the entire time, so we spent more time in the condo than we expected. Koloa Landing was an excellent accommodation overall. The two swimming pools were great. The larger, heated one was perfect for our grandchildren; in fact, it is the best pool set-up we have seen. It was really nice for us adults too (who didn't want to be in the water all of the time). The water views were more distant than we had hoped, and we visited the beach at the neighboring resort property which was less than ideal; stay higher up for better views. The unit was barely adequate in terms of kitchen equipment (dull knives, too few pans, no left over condiments or staples of any kind - made cooking a challenge). Grills are only at the pools (by the time you walk back and forth, your food is no longer hot), and not all worked, meaning you had to wait (hard for small children to wait to eat). An on-site restaurant would have been nice. Parking was great, and we could walk to the little shopping center nearby (kids thought it was too far) with lots of restaurants and some expensive shopping options (get groceries in Lihue; there is a Costco there too). The staff was great to help arrange activities. They should have DVDs and games to borrow or in units for unexpected inclement weather. All in all, a nice property!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection is nestled in the heart of Poipu on the sunny South Shore of Kauai next door to some of the best shopping & dining on the island at the Shops at Kukui'ula Village and a short stroll from world famous Poipu Beach. Situated on 21 acres of lush tropical foliage, the resort boasts the largest accommodations on the entire island - from deluxe studios, to 1, 2, 3, & even 4 bedroom luxurious villas ranging from 500 to 3,600 square feet - making them perfect for couples and families alike. Each studio is complete with a kitchenette and full size washer/dryer, while the villas feature full kitchens, expansive lanai, washer/dryer, and private bathrooms for every bedroom. The resort also includes three incredible resort pools - a 350,000 gallon signature pool complete with swim and walk-through grotto, waterslides, and poolside cabanas, as well as a 6,100 sq ft family lagoon pool and 2,000 sq ft waterfall adult pool. In addition, the property partnered with world-famous chef, Sam Choy, to open the Holoholo Grill, a poolside bar & grill serving Hawaiian comfort food and island libations. Other amenities include a 4,000 sq ft day spa, 24-hour fitness center, lobby bar, family activity fields, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Koloa Landing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing Resort Kauai/Poipu