Wyndham Hotels is currently managing the Koloa Landing resort project that is approximately 50% complete. Each building features four units on each of four floors (16 units per building), that are privately owned and rented out via Wyndham. The units are new, very large, and beautiful. We stayed in a ground floor, 3 bedroom unit, that was approximately 2,700 square feet in size. Granite, stainless steel, and dark wood abound. The master bathroom was large enough to throw a party in. Every unit has very large lanais/porches, that feature a dining table and many lounge chairs, and multi-panel, floor-to-ceiling glass doors, that all slide into a wall closet, opening up one or two sides of your main living area to the outdoors (our slide-away openings were 16 and 26 feet wide!). Its like bringing a big part of Kauai into your condominium when open.
The southern perimeter/gate of the resort is located approximately 100 yards from the ocean. The development is set back from the ocean, and is on a gradual uphill slope, providing the elevation to see over the line of homes and small street that are in-between the ocean and the resort. There is not much of a "beach", or sand at the shore. Lots of large black rocks, that provide a nice photo setting. There is no room to layout, or relax at the ocean at this spot, nor is there an easy spot to get into the water to snorkel. That said, we walked the 5-8 minutes through the resort, and down the cul-de-sac street, to the beach to watch the sunset every night. Its a popular little area for this, with a half-dozen locals in cars pulled over to the side of the road to take it all in. There are two beaches that are 10-15 walks from the Wyndam, or a half-dozen within a 5 minute drive. While I normally consider myself a "beach person", enjoying morning walks, sailing, snorkeling, swimming with the kids, I was fine with being "off the beach" at the Wyndham. The quality and space and relaxation at the Koloa Landing was a nice offset at the end of the day from the busy-ness at the beach.
The main pool are is nice, our kids aged 10 to 16 had just enough to keep them busy and engaged there. The pool and the resort area is well landscaped, despite being half-finished. There are two industrial sized gas-grills at the pool area open for all to use. We utilized them every night. Note there are numerous chickens (and roosters) roaming around the grounds by the pool, and a few wild cats, that give the place a very local, low key vibe.
If you are looking for a Beachfront, luxury hotel with multiple restaurants and staff following in your footsteps, this is NOT for you.
If you like to cook in a kitchen fit for a king, supply your own food and beverages, enjoy high-end quality living quarters, and are relatively self-sufficient, this place is for you. I neglected to mention, the prices are very competitive.
Know there is a Costco near the Kauai airport that has excellent local fresh fish as well as the usual items.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection is nestled in the heart of Poipu on the sunny South Shore of Kauai next door to some of the best shopping & dining on the island at the Shops at Kukui'ula Village and a short stroll from world famous Poipu Beach. Situated on 21 acres of lush tropical foliage, the resort boasts the largest accommodations on the entire island - from deluxe studios, to 1, 2, 3, & even 4 bedroom luxurious villas ranging from 500 to 3,600 square feet - making them perfect for couples and families alike. Each studio is complete with a kitchenette and full size washer/dryer, while the villas feature full kitchens, expansive lanai, washer/dryer, and private bathrooms for every bedroom. The resort also includes three incredible resort pools - a 350,000 gallon signature pool complete with swim and walk-through grotto, waterslides, and poolside cabanas, as well as a 6,100 sq ft family lagoon pool and 2,000 sq ft waterfall adult pool. In addition, the property partnered with world-famous chef, Sam Choy, to open the Holoholo Grill, a poolside bar & grill serving Hawaiian comfort food and island libations. Other amenities include a 4,000 sq ft day spa, 24-hour fitness center, lobby bar, family activity fields, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Koloa Landing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing Resort Kauai/Poipu