First of all, I’d like to extend a huge thank you to the entire staff at Koloa Landing. From housekeeping to the wonderful folks at the front desk: “THANK YOU FOR MAKING OUR STAY ONE OF THE MOST WONDERFUL EXPERIENCES WE EVER HAVE HAD!” Greeted with smiles and a friendly hello wherever we went made us feel like we were right at home. :-)
Our family stayed in 2 villas to accommodate all of us, and admittedly, if I had known at the time I made the reservation that 4-bedroom villas were available, I probably would have gone that route. That was my fault, though, for not understanding that the accommodations are not typical hotel rooms, but rather more like condos. In the end, I believe our 2 oldest girls (24) liked having a place to themselves – and some privacy. Thank you for settling us in villas next to each other. We appreciated being in such close proximity.
The grounds are beautiful; kudos go out to the gardeners and landscapers. They do an awesome job!
The pools are relaxing – a fun place to catch some sun, stretch out and enjoy a good book, or jump into the refreshing water to cool off from the heat.
The villas – exquisite! We were more than comfortable (is that possible?), able to kick back and relax in the spacious living room, cook up a tasty meal (had we wanted to) in the fully-equipped kitchen (more often than not we snacked/poured a bowl of cereal for a quick breakfast; we ate out most of the time), and the bedrooms/bathrooms were the most luxurious we’ve enjoyed while vacationing! I know this might sound odd to make a comment -- but the beds were great! For the first time in a long time I did not wake up stiff! Too, it was quite nice to have a small washer and dryer right there (in the villa) for our use.
We didn’t spend an exorbitant amount of time in the villa – we wanted to be out and about “experiencing” Kauai – but when we were there we were happy to enjoy some peace and quiet, the ability to stretch out either in a comfortable bed, on the sofa or out on our private patio as we rejuvenated ourselves for our next adventure.
A pleasant surprise as far as amenities go – the small quick market in the main building where guests can purchase food and toiletries – a bit pricey, but expected whenever one shops at a hotel. There is a Big Save grocery store just a few minutes away (by car) so one can have a wider selection, and save a bit of money. I will say this: The little hotel store certainly came in handy – open 24 hours, we were able to avail ourselves of its service after our late arrival.
This was our first visit to Kauai – to Hawaii, for that matter. Making our hotel reservation was the first step, the one facet of the planning stage on which I spend the most time. I was so pleased to see, upon walking through the front door, that I had made the right choice. We’ll just have to return one day to see how Koloa Landing has grown and changed.
Mahalo, The Wolf Family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection is nestled in the heart of Poipu on the sunny South Shore of Kauai next door to some of the best shopping & dining on the island and a short stroll from world famous Poipu Beach. Situated on 21 acres of lush tropical foliage, our resort in Koloa, Hawaii boasts the largest accommodations on the entire island - from deluxe studios, to 1, 2, 3, & even 4 bedroom luxurious villas ranging from 500 to 3,600 square feet - making them perfect for couples and families alike. Each studio is complete with a kitchenette and full size washer/dryer, while the villas feature full kitchens, expansive lanai, washer/dryer, and private bathrooms for every bedroom. Enjoy our 350,000 gallon signature pool complete with swim and walk-through grotto, waterslides, and poolside cabanas, as well as a 6,100 sq ft family lagoon pool and 2,000 sq ft waterfall adult pool. Other amenities include a 4,000 sq ft day spa, 24-hour fitness center, lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing Resort At Poipu, Autograph Collection Kauai