We have been visiting the Poipu Beach area for several weeks annually since 1999. We have watched this property since construction began several years ago and decided to stay here for a few nights before we gained access to our time share. First, the good! The Koloa Landing suites are some of, if not the finest equipped condo's on the island. Granite counter tops, Sub Zero refrigerator and Wolf countertop, microwave and stove along with a Bosch dishwasher are the kitchen appliances while a Bosch Washer-Dryer await you in the laundry room. Each of the three bedroom-three bath units have their own patio and our living room area was equipped with a sliding glass wall that could be pushed back into a wall holding unit. All rooms are equipped with Flat Screen Televisions. Beds provided for an excellent nights rest and baths/showers were equipped with top end fixtures.
Now, the bad. We purchased groceries for breakfasts and lunches during our three day visit. I awoke the first morning at 0600 to take a walk, visit the local Starbucks and return to make breakfast for the family. As I walked thru the kitchen I stopped to check on our food, only to drop it finding it full of ants. Turning on the light in the kitchen area, I found that we had been invaded overnight by an army of ants who had gained access to everything from the bagels to the bread. I woke my wife and daughter up and we immediately thru away most of the products and dispatched the ants. I also called the front desk and was told that someone would be up after 8:00am to deal with the problem.
As 0900 approached, I once again called the front desk and was greeted by a young lady. When I asked about the exterminator, she advised that since I had not called her back, she assumed I had taken care of the problem. I asked that she pursue the issue and called me back within 15 minutes to tell me she was unable to reach their exterminator and would most likely not be able to get anyone out. So, my wife, using what she had learned over the years, spread liquid detergent over the areas where the ants were gaining access to the counter top. Ant problem solved by the guest.
Next issue is Wi-Fi.. We paid the hotel for this service as part of our daily fee. However, from our room, neither of our families AT&T or Verizon phones could pick up the hotels Wi Fi signal and we reverted to using our phones as our own Hot Spots.. I asked the Front Desk about this issue and was told they would contact someone, and of course, I never heard another word!
Last, if you come here expecting to be "on the Ocean", you will be disappointed. The current walkway to the ocean is gravel and thru a parking lot, sort of over the river and thru the woods.. However, you are less than a 5 minute drive from Poipu Beach, 2 minutes from a great Scuba Diving shore spot and less then that to reach some of the very best restaurants in the area.
If this property can straighten out the front desk issues and learn to be responsive to their customers issues, even to advise there was nothing that could be done to rectify issues brought to their attention, this property could easily be excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection is nestled in the heart of Poipu on the sunny South Shore of Kauai next door to some of the best shopping & dining on the island at the Shops at Kukui'ula Village and a short stroll from world famous Poipu Beach. Situated on 21 acres of lush tropical foliage, the resort boasts the largest accommodations on the entire island - from deluxe studios, to 1, 2, 3, & even 4 bedroom luxurious villas ranging from 500 to 3,600 square feet - making them perfect for couples and families alike. Each studio is complete with a kitchenette and full size washer/dryer, while the villas feature full kitchens, expansive lanai, washer/dryer, and private bathrooms for every bedroom. The resort also includes three incredible resort pools - a 350,000 gallon signature pool complete with swim and walk-through grotto, waterslides, and poolside cabanas, as well as a 6,100 sq ft family lagoon pool and 2,000 sq ft waterfall adult pool. In addition, the property partnered with world-famous chef, Sam Choy, to open the Holoholo Grill, a poolside bar & grill serving Hawaiian comfort food and island libations. Other amenities include a 4,000 sq ft day spa, 24-hour fitness center, lobby bar, family activity fields, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Koloa Landing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing Resort Kauai/Poipu