“The Koloa Landing was a beautiful property. Walking...”

Koloa Landing Resort
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Poipu
GreenLeadersPlatinum level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Woodside, New York
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed in a 3 bedroom suite that had a washer and dryer. Each room had its own bathroom and lanai. The heated pool was a comfortable temperature and the hot tub was so relaxing. Lapperts ice cream parlor is a walk away. I will definitely be returning to this establishment again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank travelnomi
NYC
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My biggest complaint wasn't their fault...I wish we had stayed longer! This was our 3rd island for the last 4 days of a 10 day stay. The places we stayed got progressively better so this was the best. There were 5 adults staying in a 3 bedroom. When we walked in, we were like kids on Christmas, running from room to room. Everything was beautiful and clean. Everyone had their own TV and bathroom. The lanai was crazy big and even though most of our view was of the construction site with the ocean as a backdrop, it didn't matter. I watched the sunrise on my last morning there and it was beautiful. Kitchen is gorgeous. There was also a small laundry room. The bed was very comfortable and we didn't even need the AC. We kept all the lanai doors open (with screens) and the ceiling fans and slept very comfortably. Beach is walking and/or driving distance. Poipu village is walking distance. There's also a new shopping area that is very close by with some restaurants and stores and most importantly, a Lappert's Ice Cream. I personally didn't see the smaller pool but a friend said it was really nice. You can get an outdoor massage there. The water is colder than the large pool though. The large pool was awesome. It looks like a lagoon and there's a jacuzzi. It is not overly chlorine-y. There's a concierge there that provides you with towels and tour info. The adequately sized fitness room overlooks the large pool. I worked out and jumped in the pool right after. There are a couple of BBQ grills as well. Other than that, we really didn't explore the property. I think it wasn't that crowded although the young lady at the front desk said that it was completely booked when we checked in. We LOVED this property. Construction starts around 8:30 AM and we were never around for it during the day. It was never a bother. I'm actually grateful for it. Who knows if we could have afforded it otherwise?! I don't know when I'll be in Kauai again but I would love to stay here if I am.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank boriqua72
T H, Manager at Koloa Landing Resort, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Aloha Boriqua72:

Thank you for the glowing review. We appreciate that you are sharing your experience with your fellow travelers. As you graciously pointed out we have large lanais in every spacious unit, amenities that are unmatched and a staff that has the true Aloha spirit. Our new building will open in May followed by our new spa and fitness center. You will not want to miss the improvements we are completing. At Koloa Landing Resort our guests are like family. We hope to see you soon.

Mahalo
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed at this location back in June 2012. Originally we were going to just stay 2 nights to "check it out" then move over to the Grand Hyatt. We were worried about the reviews and the construction. As soon as we checked in we were blown away and immediately called down to see if we could add a few nights. We ended up extending here and cancelling 2 of our Grand Hyatt nights. In the end we left Koloa Landing, went to Grand Hyatt for our last night and we really missed our room and Koloa. It was just an awesome time.

We now are in the process of coming back again next month since we had such an awesome time last June. We have been earning Wyndham Rewards points to help offset the cost of our stay. While I love this location, I totally dislike the Wyndham Rewards program. I have spent so much time and effort talking to people at Wyndham trying to use our points for our stay.

Luckily I was able to speak to the Operation Manager, Matt Kleefisch, who was great to work with and helped me get everything straight for our upcoming stay. I know when we stayed last time everyone was so wonderful, from the front desk staff, bellmen, store staff and even the cleaning staff! Now I know that even the management works hard to deliver a great product!

We have visited every island and stayed in a lot of the higher end properties. But nothing compares to the great all around experience we had here. Only thing this property does not have is a beach but we actually loved taking a walk after dinner to the beach. Other times we drove right down to Poipu Beach. This is just a great, great place to stay!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Lvtolvlife
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poipu
Kauai Beach Resort
#4 of 11 in Lihue
Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club
Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort & Spa
Koa Kea Hotel & Resort

Been to Koloa Landing Resort? Share your experiences!