We are just completing a 13 day stay at this resort. The Villas are exceptional! Well designed and beautifully furnished. That said, the resort is still under construction. We stayed in Building 9 and could hear the construction equipment all day long. In addition, our view from our Lanai was of a dirt pit and a dirt road used by resort staff...way off in the distance was the ocean! DO NOT STAY IN BUILDING 9 !!!!!!!!!
The resort seems to be experiencing growing pains. Twice, our key cards would not open our door and we had to get new keys. The bar stools in the units are quite heavy and sit on stone tile floors. When the folks in the unit above you move them you here screeching in your unit. Management should think about putting gliders or felt pads on the chair legs...a simple fix that would make a BIG difference. Finally the staff at the desk had no idea how we could clear the blinking message waiting light on our phone!
Ultimately this should be a grand resort once they are finished building. It's worth staying at now if you get a good rate and are able to stay in building 2,3, or 6.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection is nestled in the heart of Poipu on the sunny South Shore of Kauai next door to some of the best shopping & dining on the island at the Shops at Kukui'ula Village and a short stroll from world famous Poipu Beach. Situated on 21 acres of lush tropical foliage, the resort boasts the largest accommodations on the entire island - from deluxe studios, to 1, 2, 3, & even 4 bedroom luxurious villas ranging from 500 to 3,600 square feet - making them perfect for couples and families alike. Each studio is complete with a kitchenette and full size washer/dryer, while the villas feature full kitchens, expansive lanai, washer/dryer, and private bathrooms for every bedroom. The resort also includes three incredible resort pools - a 350,000 gallon signature pool complete with swim and walk-through grotto, waterslides, and poolside cabanas, as well as a 6,100 sq ft family lagoon pool and 2,000 sq ft waterfall adult pool. In addition, the property partnered with world-famous chef, Sam Choy, to open the Holoholo Grill, a poolside bar & grill serving Hawaiian comfort food and island libations. Other amenities include a 4,000 sq ft day spa, 24-hour fitness center, lobby bar, family activity fields, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Koloa Landing Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing Resort Kauai/Poipu