We stayed at the Koloa Landing property on the tail end of our wedding/honeymoon trip in July. The rooms are like nothing I've ever stayed in. I'll itemize my review points for clarity.
The desk staff: Wonderful. When we checked in, we were originally given a room closer to the ocean view (as we booked) but because of the uncompleted resort, we actually had hardly any view. We asked if there was another room to move us to instead and they were happy to oblige and actually put us into an even bigger suite with a gorgeous wrap-around lanai. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and accomodating. There isn't a lot of staff though; the resort is still in the building up stage. It felt a little more like checking into a condo complex than a hotel/resort.
The rooms: Beyond compare. Love the semi-private elevator. Beautifully furnished, high end appliances, washer dryer, and a fully stocked kitchen to make anything. Comfy beds. Lanais with tons of furniture. Gorgeous bathrooms. The only thing missing (which is incredible, because they really thought of everything) was BBQ tongs/flippers. We took advantage of the BBQ's one evening and wished we had some.
The resort grounds: Here is lacking because it's not finished, and I would be very interested to see the property in another year or two when the large water feature down the center of the property is completed; I think at that point, you'll really start to get the feel of the resort. We did use the pool and hottub and also the BBQ. What is there currently is lovely, but the large grassy space and parking lot feels sparse and complex-y compared to a resort filled with lush foliage, walkways, water features, restaurants, etc. There is a gym, but we didn't have time to check it out. It's a shame too that they are charging the full 'resort fee' before it's fully completed. $20 is a little steep.
Overall though, at the price they are renting these suites...you cannot find anything close. If you want to stay on the property all day, you might prefer something a little more 'full service' and fully built. If you want a beautiful spot to come home to, this is a great choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection is nestled in the heart of Poipu on the sunny South Shore of Kauai next door to some of the best shopping & dining on the island and a short stroll from world famous Poipu Beach. Situated on 21 acres of lush tropical foliage, our resort in Koloa, Hawaii boasts the largest accommodations on the entire island - from deluxe studios, to 1, 2, 3, & even 4 bedroom luxurious villas ranging from 500 to 3,600 square feet - making them perfect for couples and families alike. Each studio is complete with a kitchenette and full size washer/dryer, while the villas feature full kitchens, expansive lanai, washer/dryer, and private bathrooms for every bedroom. Enjoy our 350,000 gallon signature pool complete with swim and walk-through grotto, waterslides, and poolside cabanas, as well as a 6,100 sq ft family lagoon pool and 2,000 sq ft waterfall adult pool. Other amenities include a 4,000 sq ft day spa, 24-hour fitness center, lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Koloa Landing At Poipu Beach Hotel Poipu
- Koloa Landing Resort At Poipu, Autograph Collection Kauai