“Good breakfast with an ocean view” 4 of 5 bubbles

Kalapaki Joe's Poipu
Ranked #26 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Koloa
Description: Very good, reasonably priced food and drinks. Good service. New location
Kapaa
“Good breakfast with an ocean view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Food was good, service very lovely. Interesting menu choices even for breakfast. View of ocean through the property was nice

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Jlmurraymd

Kauai, Hawaii
“Saturday in Poipu”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

My husband and I stopped by for dinner tonight. The hostess told us it would be at least 15-20 minute wait even though there were many empty tables. She said she was giving the wait staff "a break" to catch up. I told her we would wait in the bar - she told me no and told us to wait outside. She said the bartender was too busy and would be upset if we went to the bar. We left this restaurant in disgust.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank RMC000
Carson City, Nevada
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

The wait to get in was a little long (30+ min), but the food was good and the service fine. Highly recommend it if you are near Poipu.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank matt f F
Boston
“Reasonably good breakfast but watch the gravy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

This restaurant overlooks the tennis courts so it provided some entertainment while waiting for our food. I tried the kalau pork with the Kalapaki gravy (with onions and mushrooms) topped with two fried eggs (along with two scoops of rice underneath). I love kalua pork but the gravy was a bit too greasy and upset my stomach for the rest of the morning. I have to admit that it did taste good though but I will be avoiding the gravy from now on. I should also mention that there are very few foods that upset my stomach so this was a rarity. Luckily, it didn't last too long.

Visited February 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Soap and Bleach please!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Beautiful location in Poipu Beach area so we went for a beer at Happy Hour as it is well publicized. Walking in I couldn't help but notice the built up grease leading out of the kitchen doors to the area behind the restaurant. The bar is small and was almost full but a couple left and we got 2 seats at the bar. The female bartender came to clean our bar space and she used a dirty bar towel that was kept in a belt loop of her jeans. The towel was really dirty and all she did was move the dirt around on the bar surface. When I set my arms down on the bar it was sticky and smelled unpleasant. I started looking around and could see dirt clumps on the ceiling lights and back bar shelves. The floor mats and under bar didn't look clean either.

The beer was great, a very cold Stella Artois, and priced right, $6, for HH. It's a shame that such a well known place in a great location could let the bar get so dirty. This place needs a thorough deep cleaning. I will not return with the current state of uncleanliness.

• Visited February 2014