“Great meal to wrap up an amazing day on Kauai!”

Kalapaki Joe's Poipu
Ranked #25 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Koloa
Description: Very good, reasonably priced food and drinks. Good service. New location
Reviewed March 16, 2013

C.C. Was our server and she was awesome! All of her recommendations were Home Runs!
The Ahi appetizer and the nachos with Kalua were an amazing start! Our family ordered a steak, a patty melt, a blackened ahi salad and the fish tacos. All our meals arrived quickly and looked as great as they tasted! The cocktails were plentiful and delicious! A giant brownie with ice cream was dessert and was more than enough for a family of four to share! Well done on all levels, especially CC and the rest of the staff!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We went to this restaurant for lunch when we were super hungry and left disappointed and still hungry because the food was too gross to eat much of it. I actually went and got an awesome hotdog at Puka Dog's right afterwards. We had a shrimp appetizer which was pretty good, but our main meals of steak sandwich and lobster quesadilla were nothing short of disgusting. The tables were sticky, birds were flying in and sitting on other tables, eating leftover food. The waitress was unfriendly.

1  Thank DeannaLeah
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Kalapaki Joes is our go to place when we want a casual place to eat-I love salads and they have the biggest and best salads that I've tried in Kauai-since lettuce and other salad ingredients need to be shipped to Kauai, most restaurants salads are on the skimpy side, but not at Kalapaki Joe's. the non salad items are delicious as well. We will definitely continue to eat there when we're out in Kauai!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I went there on a Sunday afternoon. It took about 15 minutes to be waited on and after another 10 minutes we asked if we could PLEASE be served our drinks. Our lunches arrived much later. They served me the wrong salad. I was so frustrated by this time that I was going to go ahead and eat it. The waitress walked by and said OOPS! That's the wrong one and swooped it away. I'd never go back.

1  Thank jandn
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Happy Hour here is from 3-6PM. The fish taco's are $3 and are made with fresh fish, and wine is only $3. This is a large open air sports bar where the locals go to drink beer and watch sports, excellent for couples and families. If you want value, service, and quality, this is the place to go. During happy hour the buffalo wings are only 25 cents each with a 5 wing minimum. Everyone we sent here raved about it, don't miss it!!