“Food was not good- did enjoy the ocean view”

Kalapaki Joe's Poipu
Ranked #26 of 38 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Koloa
Description: Very good, reasonably priced food and drinks. Good service. New location
Portland, Oregon
“Food was not good- did enjoy the ocean view”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Husband had fish-n-chips and had a crumb panko like crust rather than the batter type we are used to in the mainland. I had a cobb salad which was just okay.

Visited September 2012

Hanapepe
“Surprised with the great food and service.”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I've been to Kalapaki in Nawiliwili and even if it has an nice oceanview, the service and attitude of the staff is very poor. From when you walk into the Nawiliwili location, you don't feel welcomed but just another person part of the herd to be served. However when my firends spoke about doing Kalapaki. I tried my best to turn them to Trees or Tianos so I was pleasantly happy when I found out we were going to the one in Poipu.
We got 5 star service and the food was top notch (had the seared fish & shrimp). wish I could recall all the staff names. They deserve 5 stars...we went on Tuesday night 9-25-2012...thank you Kalapaki Joe's in Poipu for a great time!

Eagle, Idaho
“Give this place a wide berth.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

You can tell a lot about a restaurant by its bathroom, and they were appalling. I've seen better bathrooms at rest areas in Arkansas. Bring your own soap too. The food was almost as bad. The fish sandwich was dry and had no flavor. I had to put ketchup on top. I will never go back to this place.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Steven C
Arizona
“Just like home!”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Kind of funny to want a bit of home when you are on vacation but KJ's does just that. It is alot more than just a sports bar and grill and has all the favorites from back home that you might crave on their large menu. The hamburgers and fries are great and the prices are more than reasonable compared to other expensive restaurants in Kaui. It is located in a mall so there is plenty to do after you eat to walk of the big portions. It is quite a busy spot on a Monday night or Thursday during football season but there are plenty of seats far enough away from the bar for a family with little ones not to worry about the sports crowd. The menu also contains plenty of island specialities and great deserts. It is a place that you really don't want to miss especially when you get tired of paying high prices elsewhere. The serve staff is friendly and the service was great.

Toledo, Washington
“Great place for Sports! (Poipu)”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

This is a great place to watch sports. They have a ton of TV's...we watched the NFL and the UFC while we were on Kauai. The service is good as well as the food. It is a pretty laid back casual atmosphere. The windows are open so there is a cool breeze...There are tennis courts below and an ocean view. We will definitely go back next time we visit Kauai!