“Fabulous Gelato”

Papalani Gelato
Ranked #2 of 3 Dessert in Poipu
Cuisines: Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Families with children
Description: Papalani Gelato Franchising Company is a family-owned and operated franchisor of handmade Hawaiian style gelato, coffee, and chocolate shops which is dedicated to sharing its hand-crafted artisanal Hawaiian inspired gelato, coffees, and chocolates throughout the state of Hawaii and beyond. Many customers rave that Papalani™ has the best gelato (Italian style ice cream) and best chocolate in the nation.
Richmond, Texas
“Fabulous Gelato”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The gelato here was really amazing. Tons of different flavors and everything was rich and creamy. My favorite was the milk chocolate paired with the mint. The strawberry guava was also very tasty. All three in our group enjoyed coming here and made a point of coming back multiple times during our week on Kauai. The staff were always very friendly and never seemed frustrated when we wanted to try a sample bit of many flavors to be sure of which to get.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
North Carolina
“Good gelato..but pricey!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Decided to splurge a little and indulge in some local gelato. I had 2 flavors in a plain waffle cone, as did my mom. Aside from the highly overpriced treat, the gelato itself was ok. I had the haupia (b/c I'm a coconut freak) and madagascar (not much taste). Mom had coffee and something with cookies...said both were pretty good. I'm a bit picky when it comes to gelato b/c Italy is my 'home away from home', but this gelato was good. A bit expensive...but good.

• Visited October 2012
Clear Spring, MD
“So So”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I had a small, which was way overpriced for two small scoops of ice cream. No standard flavors, so I got the local named offerings, a scoop of each. One sucked. Butterscotch was okay.

Fremont, California
“Wonderful Tropical Flavors”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Best ice cream and gelato that I had while on Kauai. And yes, even better than Lapparts IMHO. I went there twice and there were new flavors to try on the second stop. They let you sample the flavors before making your selection, so it is easy to get just the right flavor for your current mood. The first time I had Lime Margarita and No Sugar Raspberry, and the second time I had Lavender White Chocolate and Pog. All four of these flavors were excellent. I highly recommend this place as there will be a perfect flavor for everyone.

1 Thank Ono O
California
“Good Gelato”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good, but pricey gelato. Several unexpected flavors to stir your curiosity; worth visiting while you are shopping.