“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Salt

Red Salt
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Salt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Koloa
Description: Red Salt at the Koa Kea Hotel & Resort on Kauai combines the ideal elements for dining in Hawaii. The beautiful oceanfront setting is enhanced by a contemporary open design, and the large picture windows showcase the ocean and pool views. The diverse menu celebrates the fresh seafood and produce available in Hawaii, while the casual yet sophisticated atmosphere ensures that dining at Red Salt will be a memorable experience.Red Salt offers an ideal setting regardless of time of day. A daily Breakfast Buffet combines traditional American fare with fresh tropical fruit, breakfast bakery selections and assorted juices. The Dinner menu offers contemporary upscale cuisine. Lunch is served poolside and we also offer guest room dining 24 hours a day.
TENNESSEE
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had dinner, 7:30 reservation, seated right on time. Nancy was our waitress, she was great, ask for her if you make a reservation. Food was excellent, Price wise about $100 per person including wine and tip. Adult resturant so if you have 2 footers in your party find another resturant.

• Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Richmond
“Why go anywhere else?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We were guest at the hotel and after reviewing the menu decided "why go anywhere else". I like a menu that presents a "Wow, I can't decide" vs a process of elimination. The breakfast eggs benedict and lemon soufflé pancakes were fantastic. The Island Prawns and Lobster Ravoli were delicious. Do yourself a favor and ask for the cotton candy, they have a flavor of the day. Creative & Fresh.

Visited February 2014
Palo Alto, California
“Rocks!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Tried 4 of the best dinner places in Po'ipu and this place wins hands down. Incredible food and service.

Visited February 2014
Rochester, Minnesota
“Best dining experience in Hawaii”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I visited in January 2014. We both felt this was the best meal we have had in Hawaii hands down, lobster ravioli was beyond....wonderful chicken, salads fresh and well done, excellent beer/wine choices and ginger creme brûlée was lovely. Absolutely outstanding service. Have travelled the Big Island, Maui and Kauai....this is the restaurant we would put at the top of all our dining experiences.

• Visited January 2014
Medford, OR
“Worth Every Penny & Definitely on Kauai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

Since I gave it 5 STARS I'll start with the only NEGATIVE.......I do not travel with cash. If you go to this restaurant - have cash. We went to park our rental car and the Valet insisted that the only way to park was thru them....you cannot park with valet without leaving a tip - as I stated - I do not travel with cash. Huge disappointment because I had to go thru the embarrassment of leaving my car and only being able to tip $2.

Other than that, everything was top notch. I didn't even feel like I was in a snooty restaurant. We even took our son of 4 years with us and he LOVED his child's meal. I had the ahi which was perfectly prepared at medium-rare and my husband had the pork which he absolutely loved! Crazy-delicious accompaniments that I'd never think of. Wonderfully playful combinations that will not leave you wanting....absolutely wishing for dessert - which I never do.

The atmosphere was a little quiet and pensive in feel but not uncomfortably so. I would recommend going during dinner time because you'll always find lively company if your fellow diners.

A place I will return to on each visit...with my kids (after all I have 3 boys under the age of 9)!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Red Salt? Share your experiences!