“Great dinner with terrific service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Red Salt

Red Salt
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Salt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Koloa
Description: Red Salt at the Koa Kea Hotel & Resort on Kauai combines the ideal elements for dining in Hawaii. The beautiful oceanfront setting is enhanced by a contemporary open design, and the large picture windows showcase the ocean and pool views. The diverse menu celebrates the fresh seafood and produce available in Hawaii, while the casual yet sophisticated atmosphere ensures that dining at Red Salt will be a memorable experience.Red Salt offers an ideal setting regardless of time of day. A daily Breakfast Buffet combines traditional American fare with fresh tropical fruit, breakfast bakery selections and assorted juices. The Dinner menu offers contemporary upscale cuisine. Lunch is served poolside and we also offer guest room dining 24 hours a day.
New York City, New York
“Great dinner with terrific service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Everything about the meal was great- views out of the windows, the attentive service, the delicious meal, the potent drinks. I thought it was a little on the pricey side for being the only restaurant in a small resort - and also for sort of feeling like you were in the lobby. But at the end of the dinner, I felt it was worth the expense. I'd recommend trying one of their mixed drinks, particularly the mai tai - which was the best (and strongest!) that I had in Hawaii.

• Visited April 2013

• Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, but very expensive for the portion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great service, decor, and food is delicious. VERY expensive for what you get, plan on getting an appetizer for each person ($13-$20) each. Entrees are pretty good as was dessert.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Volfan24
“Delicious food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

We really enjoyed our experience at Red Salt. My husband got the lobster ravioli and I got the shrimp pasta. Both dishes were wonderful. Our server warned my husband that his selection was the smallest portion meal on the menu and told me my dish was very rich. He was right but it was perfect because my husband was able to finish what I was not able to.

• Visited May 2013
Yokohama, Japan
“Terrific food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had dinner on a Wednesday night, and it was wonderful. Great dinner selections, and terrific service. The only area for improvement would be their red wines by the glass - they were all very young wines. I wanted to start with a sparkling wine, so we opted not to order a bottle. The bottled wine selection was nice, but the glass wine selection was not as "premium" as it could be.

Visited May 2013
Eureka, California, United States
“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had an excellent dinner at Red Salt. I had the Endive Salad & Lobster Ravioli (both awesome!) and my husband had beet salad and seven spiced seared ahi - he was in ahi-heaven.
Our server (Brian) was top notch! Always there when we needed him but did not hover. Brian forewarned me that the lobster ravioli was a small portion, but it was plenty for me. I had the rootbeer float for dessert - it was very good also.
The resturant itself was not especially cozy in design.The design is very modern with black furniture/white leather. Very chic. The one thing it is lacking is a view. We requested a window - but there was not much to see. This did not prevent us from having one of the best meals during our stay on Kauai.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Red Salt? Share your experiences!