“good choice”
Review of Red Salt

Red Salt
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Salt is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 37 Restaurants in Poipu
Cuisines: Asian, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Koloa
Description: Red Salt’s diverse menu by acclaimed Executive Chef and Kauai native Noelani Planas celebrates fresh Hawaiian seafood and produce in a casual, yet sophisticated seaside atmosphere. Modern dinner cuisine including vanilla bean-seared mahi, ahi tartare, and the decadently layered Red Salt burger are served in a contemporary setting. Select nights, the Red Salt Lounge is host to a sushi bar featuring the day’s freshest catch in innovative, isle-inspired rolls. Lounge and sushi bar seating are not available for reservation and is first come, first served. During morning hours, Red Salt offers tropical takes on traditional breakfast dishes, such as lobster benedict and lemon-pineapple soufflé pancakes, recently featured by Food Network.
Vancouver, Canada
“good choice”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

On our first meal out Red Salt was our destination. We stayed at the Kihuana Plantation so just a short walk from there. We took a short cut on the beach. The service was good, I had the Bronzed Diver scallop with the Kailani Farm mixed green, my husband had the pork and the beet salad and everything was very tasty. I love to cook myself and often think I could do better when I go out. Not with this one. I thought that the place was a little noisy and we could not hear the music very well and of course the price... Oh la! La!

• Visited November 2012

• Korean first
South Florida, Florida
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Great meal at Red Salt. Romantic spot and sushi is the best! Very fresh and beautiful presentation. Service a little slow but found this common throughout Kauai. I would definitely recommend Red Salt for a special dinner!

Visited July 2012
columbus
“Good Service, Average food”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed at the lovely hotel and houses this restaurant. We ate breakfast here every day and dinner here twice. Breakfast was very nice but after 3 days, we wished they offered some specials to mix it up a bit. Dinner was average at best. The sushi was overrated and my fish entree was overcooked. It was too bad, because service was good and the look of the restaurant was nice.

• Visited September 2012
Bakersfield, California
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Really good food and very convenient if you are already staying at the Koa Kea. My wife and I ate here twice during our stay.

Visited November 2012
St. Louis
“Best meal on Kauai”
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Yummie, expensive, but worth it!! A little tough to find because its in the hotel (no sign on the road), but awesome food, the lamb is amazing. We walked in after a day of hiking and exploring, and they sat us right down (felt a little under dressed, but it was okay)

Been to Red Salt? Share your experiences!