“It's Paradise! : )”
The Bird of Paradise home
Private warm salt-water pool (set at 82F), watching beautiful mountain views see coconut swaying Suntan and enjoy ocean views
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The Bird of Paradise home
Suntan and enjoy ocean views
Enjoy sunshine, sunrise, tropical weather, birds chirping,  facing gentle trade winds
Kitchen with Koa (Kauai most valuable wood) cabinets. Crockpot, Vitamix blender, coffee maker, etc
Living room with 270 degree views, AC, fan, flat cable new TV, CD/DVD/radio - wood floor now
Dinning indoor for 8 in air conditioned
1st King master suite, teak furniture, Brazilian wood floor
2nd King master suite, Bungalow, travertine tile tropical style, look out to wonderful views
See Pu'u Wanawana crater, Ha'upu mountain range from your bed
queen bedroom
Surf's up room; twin beds which can convert to King
Air conditioned the whole house
Ocean view
Pu'u Wanawana crater and Ha'upu mountain range views
Outdoor dining, gas grill near by, awesome spot to enjoy the sunny Poipu weather and of course Views
Private warm salt-water pool.  Now our wine flowering bushes are covered this whole fences
Secret Mahaulepu beach 2 miles away, local kite and windsurfing
Poipu Hiking; 2-3 miles starting from home walk to Shipwreck beach then to Makawehi Lithified Cliffs
4000 sq ft living area, left is main house (living rm in front),  Bungalow suite is on your right
Wrap around lanai to enjoy outdoor living
Walking out to the beaches (east to Shipwreck, west to Poipu beach)
Walk to this cliff and Shipwreck beach, Grand Hyatt hotel, restuarants
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

New York City, New York
“It's Paradise! : )”
Reviewed January 5, 2011 for a stay in April 2010
people found this review helpful

I've been around the world: Europe, Africa, Asia, the Americas, and Australia. Never have I seen to such a clean (spotless), beautiful, spacious, luxurious home as Ning's Bird of Paradise in Poipu, Kauai. I've read the reviews before I booked and I'm actually always a bit "paranoid" and suspicious to rent a house instead of staying at a hotel. I thought if half of the great reviews were true we'd be OK. Let me tell you - They are all true - and then some.
Ning Gulari is the owner of this "Eden of Kauai." She was very proeffessional, patient and kind and always happy and eager to answer any questions (I always have a lot of questions) that I had about her beautiful home and Kauai itself.
Check in was super easy and we could not believe how much space we had. We were 7 people and could have easily fit another 4 or more.
The rooms were spacious and very beautiful with TVs, DVDs, Music, Wifi, etc. and the views of Palm trees, colorful flowers and distant mountains was spectacular.
The kitchen was spacious and had all the essentials. So we did plenty of cooking (My wife is Italian : )
The beach (actually there are 3 nearby) is only a few minutes walking distance - and we saw monk seals and sea turtles right from the beach. On one day I swam in the water and a group of tourists that grew bigger and bigger pointed in my direction. I was wondering what was so interesting. When I looked over my shoulder I saw 2 giant sea turtles swimming about 5 feet behind me - it was breathtaking!
There is also a pool which is practically right around the corner from Ning's place and which her guests have access to.
The Bird of Paradise has a number of very nice Restaurants nearby (e.g. The Beach House, Merriman's and Casa di Amici). Ning has a whole folder with her personal favorites (and some of her guest's) for your convenience. We went to a couple of these places for dinner and where never disapointed.
Lappert's Ice Cream was our favorite place for desert (there is one nearby in Poipu) and one up north in Princeville - both fantastic (I've never had better Ice-Cream).
We did a Napali Coast Snorkeling Trip and saw many, many dolphins and about half a dozen whales. Most Kauai attractions are reachable within an hour from Birds of Paradise - which makes it a great base.
Don't miss hiking the Mah'ulepu Hertage Trail (Poipu). If you like to hike you may want to take a 30 minute drive to the Waimea Canyon and Koke'e State Park. And of course you've got to hike the Napali Coast (which is breathtaking but more for the experienced hiker - wear hiking shoes!).
There are so many things to do on Kauai that you don't want to miss. I'd definitely recommend a car even though it is not essential. Thank you Ning for the most wonderful vacation one could wish for! We'll be back.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
AlmaLee
Manhattan
“Great family vacation”
Reviewed December 28, 2010 for a stay in December 2010
person found this review helpful

My family of 6 stayed at the Bird of Paradise for 5 nights in December and we had a good time. We were unfortunate to have a storm first 2 days of our stay. However, we still made the most of it by driving up to the west mountain area. We were able to cook a few dinners in the house and the dining table served us perfectly. The princeville area was gorgeous. My boyfriend and I had the pleasure to play at the golf courses there and really enjoyed the experience. We also did the napili boat tour with captain andy's but couldn't get into the water for snorkeling. The water near the beach was muddy and they said that's when sharks would come by to attack. We walked to the Hyatt hotel to enjoy the pool and beach our last day and wished we were able to stay longer. One word of caution, if you are not used to tropical condition, don't leave the light on in master bathroom. The moist and light attract bugs and i found dozens of them after leaving the light on one night. If you want to dine out, we did the plantation garden nearby and the ambience is very romantic. I would say I am very surprised by the abundance of golf courses and the lush environment of Kauai island. I thought Maui has better golf but I was wrong. Would definitely come back to this island in the future!

Traveling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
CT
Reviewed January 23, 2010 for a stay in December 2009

Liked best: Proximity to beaches
Liked least: Houses are very close - neighbors with young children were loud
Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 35-44
Friends getaway A romantic getaway
Families with teenagers Large groups
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
Reviewed November 20, 2009 for a stay in October 2009

Check in / front desk Service
Liked best: The open window living room, kitchen,separate accomodations
Liked least: ???????????
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 55-64
Young singles Friends getaway
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists Large groups

Southern California
Reviewed July 28, 2009 for a stay in July 2009

Liked best: Location and amenities
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 55-64
CA
Reviewed July 9, 2009 for a stay in June 2009
person found this review helpful

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$550
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing