“Excellent Asian dinner”

Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Let your taste buds delight in the delicious flavors of Asian Fusion cuisine. Choose from tempting selections of small plates, soups, salads and entrees, ranging from well-known Asian favorites to our chef’s own unique creations. Choose from a variety of dim sum dishes or mix it up as Vietnamese blends with Chinese that merges with Thai and Japanese for a taste sensation. Cap off your meal with sake or a specialty martini and be sure to save room for our eclectic desserts.
Reviewed September 7, 2009

We played golf at Poipu Bay golf course then returned that night to the Yum Cha restaurant located on the 18th green as part of the Hyatt hotel complex.
We had excellent appetizers with mango martinis and sake. The main course and desserts were equally good. Our waiter was prompt, courteous and knowledgeable. A great experience.

1  Thank SaintGeorge
There are newer reviews for Yum Cha Asian Eatery

Reviewed March 20, 2009

Probably the best meal we had in 2 weeks in Hawaii. On Kauai we ate at several different places for dinner. Almost without exception, the cost came to about $65 for the two of us (sometime with a bit to drink, other times not). The meal at Yum Cha was probably the best, same price range for 2, with some sake.

Large portions for sharing. Very good food, although the dumpling appetizer was nothing to write home about. One dish we had was the tofu and mushrooms...I would have preferred if the tofu was sauteed instead of steamed.

Nice view over a golf course, excellent wait staff. The food was beautifully presented.

I'm not into fancy, expensive restaurants where they snootily give you a taste of some elegant nonsense. At Yum Cha I was quite pleasantly surprised...after all, being the restaurant on the golf course of an expensive hotel could lead to a meal that looks good, but tiny, and costs loads. Yum Cha was excellent. I like to eat, but having two appetizers and two main plates was more than enough food for the two of us...and it was excellent!

Reviewed March 11, 2009

My husband and I had lunch here during our recent trip. The tropical ice tea was delicious. We both had the mahi mahi fish sandwich with wasabi mayo. Good, but not great. Get the garlic fries as the fresh fruit, isn't fresh local... but rather the yucky picked green mess from Mexico/So-Cal. Service was good, but maybe b/c they were so slow.

Reviewed March 10, 2009

I had been told this was a fine restaurant. Perhaps having practically grown up in Oakland, California's Chinatown and San Francisco, I have come to appreciate superb Chinese food. This restaurant was pathetic. Over priced food that tasted as if it came fresh out of the garbage can. Worst meal I have ever had in my life. Hope it was just a very bad one time experience for those who try it.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Kalaheo, Hawaii
Reviewed January 23, 2009

Good food. Little noisey.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook