Not much to add to many of the previous posts. These are really, really nice accommodations.
They were built in 2008 and the builder has held them due to downturn in economy and now the unsold units are up for sale. We went on the Open house to see the other units 3 bedroom just out of curiosity.
We stayed for 4 nights in the 2 bedroom Garden Villa. The Garden Villas are buildings G and H on the map. They have their own parking lot and each unit has its own assigned parking spot. The turn for the garden villas is at Regency Villas sign. Otherwise your in the parking lot for the Other Villas in Buildings A thru F and will have to walk through the bushes to get to the front of the building.
Best not to arrive at night – lack of lighting and buildings are not clearly labeled nor are their signs directing you to buildings to orient yourself.
Lauren was quick, efficient and pleasant in communications. Our first night we had an issue with the stove/oven and after a call to her, not more than 5 minutes later the maintenance guy was there to fix it.
We had a unit on the ground floor of building G. We had no issues with hearing anyone above us but there were people in building H, who were quite loud and were running around the grounds so it made sitting on our balcony (lani) not so peaceful, Not really an issue for us, other than that we had a wonderful time.
The Garden unit we had, was 2 bedrooms (Master bedroom with queen bed and separate bath and other bedroom which had 2 twin beds) separate Bathroom, a spacious Living room and Dining area and a modern kitchen with all the necessary kitchen tools one would normally use.
The Villas come with the basic in supplies/condiments/supplies and the Big Save supermarket is a quick drive. We had stopped at the Wal-Mart but the shelves were somewhat bare as far as groceries. There is a Safeway towards the Princeville area, but we found the Big Save met our needs.
The Villas are located about 5-10 minutes from the beach by walking in either direction. The pool area is nice but there is no slide or kids area.
We felt this alternative gave us more rooms and saved us money. It worked out to be about $250 a night compared to the $250 to $375 a night per room not including daily resort fee at the nearby Hyatt. We would definitely book again.
Tip – the soil on Kauai is red, so do not bring or wear white unless you want clothing to turn a reddish /off white color even after washing. Also you are requested to remove your shoes while in Villas so as not to drag in the red soil and soil the carpet so bring easy on and off shoes especially if you have children.
Princeville Ranch Zip and Dip Tour
Safari Helicopter tour
Kauai Backcountry Adventure
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Poipu Kai is a new boutique resort, situated in the heart of the Poipu Kai Resort. One of the finest properties ever developed on the island, these Poipu vacation rentals include 3-4 bedroom poolside villas and 2-4 bedroom garden villas. The Villas are luxurious throughout, including gourmet kitchens with granite countertops, custom cabinets, and SubZero refrigerators. Completely furnished with decor to compliment the plantation style, the poolside villas offer hardwood and tile flooring, natural stone bathrooms, and expansive lanais that extend the living area outdoors. Mountain, ocean, and pool views enhance the experience. A tropical pool, hot tub and water features are surrounded by island landscaping. Each villa includes central air, a true luxury on the island, and The Villas is the only condo property in Poipu Kai with its own exercise facility. Along the five-minute stroll down the tropical greenbelt, you will pass the Poipu Kai tennis club and pool on your way to famous Kauai beaches. And world class golf is just a two iron away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your The Villas at Poipu Kai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Hotel Poipu
- Hotel Poipu Kai
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Kauai