Great stay. We were in a three bedroom unit on the ground floor. Our unit was beautifully decorated and maintained--a class act all the way. These aren't cheap, but a full (and fully equipped) kitchen giving you the serious option of in-room meals more than made up for that. Full washer and dryer in the room was also a lifesaving and reduced the packing burden substantially for a family of four on a one week trip. There is a nice pool and spa area complete with barbeque grills for guest use. My 11yo LOVED the pool. Importantly, there are beach chairs, sand toys, boogies boards, and (limited) snorkelling equipment available to guests to borrow. This is an important thing when visiting Hawaii. Most folks ending up buying/abandoning cheap equipment or renting beach stuff while in Hawaii, and that ain't cheap. Factor this in when considering costs. We made great use of this little perq.
The Villas back to a nice walking/biking trail that in one directions leads down to Brenneckes Beach/Poipu Beach, and in the other to Shipwreck Beach. Poipu Beach is about a 5-10 minute walk, easy for the kids, and Shipwreck maybe 10-15 minutes. Groceries, great food, all within a 3 mile drive. High speed wireless internet that was actually high speed. Nice patio for coffee in the morning and a glass of wine to watch the sunset. Perfect.
Only fly in the ointment for us was a family of thunderfoots upstairs that seemed to pace the apartment constantly. I would (and will) absolutely stay in these again, but will weigh the risk of noisy upstairs neighbors vs. the schlep up the steps carefully next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Villas at Poipu Kai is a new boutique resort, situated in the heart of the Poipu Kai Resort. One of the finest properties ever developed on the island, these Poipu vacation rentals include 3-4 bedroom poolside villas and 2-4 bedroom garden villas. The Villas are luxurious throughout, including gourmet kitchens with granite countertops, custom cabinets, and SubZero refrigerators. Completely furnished with decor to compliment the plantation style, the poolside villas offer hardwood and tile flooring, natural stone bathrooms, and expansive lanais that extend the living area outdoors. Mountain, ocean, and pool views enhance the experience. A tropical pool, hot tub and water features are surrounded by island landscaping. Each villa includes central air, a true luxury on the island, and The Villas is the only condo property in Poipu Kai with its own exercise facility. Along the five-minute stroll down the tropical greenbelt, you will pass the Poipu Kai tennis club and pool on your way to famous Kauai beaches. And world class golf is just a two iron away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your The Villas at Poipu Kai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Hotel Poipu
- Hotel Poipu Kai
- The Villas At Poipu Kai Kauai