“Best Hike Ever!!”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Best Hike Ever!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

OMG! I was caught in the clutches of a narcissistic woman for a solid week in Hawaii. I lost my husband a couple of years ago to cancer, and my kids are too busy to travel. I asked a co-worker to join me for a week in Kauai at one of the very most awesome resorts in Poipu. All she had to do is pay her own airline ticket and food. She is so nice at work, I was sure she would be a wonderful travel companion. NO SIR! I just gave her the keys and set out on this amazing trail. It was so incredible, I spent two full days hiking it, the first day I only hiked about halfway. The second day I spent the entire day walking this trail. Even though I thought my trip would be ruined, it turned out to be the best trip to Hawaii I've ever had and it was mostly due to this incredible hiking trail! So great, don't miss it.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Elaine W

San Rafael, California
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Great hike”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Easy to find, just drive past the hyatt and continue as the road becomes dirt. Beautiful views, a mystery blowhole (you can hear the ocean from a spot removed from the coastline...weird! There is a secret beach if you walk past the cow fence. The beach near where you park is. Ice for a swim if the surf is not too big. Go early before it gets hot!

Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I absolutely loved this hike!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The views on this hike were absolutely breathtaking. We stopped so much to take photos that the hike took us about 7 hours or so! I highly suggest wearing hiking sandals such as Keen sandals -- thick soles, good toe protection, comfortable, and able to go through water. We thoroughly enjoyed this and highly recommend it.

1 Thank cosmos2015
Council Bluffs, Iowa
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A must walking hike”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hike starts to the left of Shipwreck Beach. The path is easy to find & easy to follow. You can follow by the edge of the cliffs or stay back among the trees. You will rewarded by stunning views, which well worth the effort. You can go a short distance or go further. The morning we went (at 8:00 AM), I think we saw a total of 3 people. This hike is not very hard at all, but I recommend bring water. Go & enjoy--well worth the time & effort.

3 Thank vikings1950
Stevensville, Montana
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Don't miss this easy hike”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

an easy hike along an open coast with amazing lava and lithified sand formations, blowholes and tidal surges through lava tubes. Be sure you know how to get there as the last couple miles are on a rough dirt road. You can easily take a car but it's a slow, bumpy drive.