There are more modern places in Poipu, but we found our accommodations at the MAKAHEUNA very clean and comfortable. The location on the point can't be beat. We were fortunate in having a full view - so many whales! The beds were comfortable and the units are spacious - especially if you're sharing with another couple. Our unit was perfectly set up for cooking in house, which we love to do. Being able to walk right from the building onto the Maha'ulepu Heritage Trail was a real bonus.
The staff are marvellous - always smiling. We had an issue with the garbage disposal and a brand new one was installed within 24 hours. Good response.
Each unit is individually owned and we have stayed two times - each time in a renovated unit. We did see other units though that weren't as well appointed. All you need to do is ask to get a renovated one and ask for the view - you pay a bit more for it, but it's worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makahuena at Poipu is an oceanfront condominium on the southernmost point of Kauai that offers a rare opportunity to experience both a stunning sunrise and sunset. Accommodations include one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with kitchens and washer/dryers. Amenities include a pool, jet spa, tennis court, and barbecue grills. Front Desk Hours: 8:30am - 4:00pm After Hours Check-In: Please call the resort in advance for after hours check-in instructions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Castle Makahuena at Poipu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Makahuena At Poipu Hotel Poipu
- Castle Makahuena At Poipu Kauai