I have stayed here twice with my husband who had to come to Kauai on business. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the condos are great. No air-conditioning. The condo was hot at first when I visited in May 2008 but I was told that there were no tradewinds. Later, the weather became more temperate and I had no complaints. The second time I stayed here was late June-early July 2011 and I never was hot. I would say most of the time that the lack of a/c should not be a problem.
I would love to return at any time. The units are cozy, homey, comfortable, roomy and attractive and I would recommend the Makahuena to anyone who does not absolutely need air conditioning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makahuena at Poipu is an oceanfront condominium on the southernmost point of Kauai that offers a rare opportunity to experience both a stunning sunrise and sunset. Accommodations include one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with kitchens and washer/dryers. Amenities include a pool, jet spa, tennis court, and barbecue grills. Front Desk Hours: 8:30am - 4:00pm After Hours Check-In: Please call the resort in advance for after hours check-in instructions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castle Makahuena at Poipu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Makahuena At Poipu Hotel Poipu
- Castle Makahuena At Poipu Kauai