Loved it! Stayed there for 3 days at the beginning of October with my two kids and my cousin's son. We had a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo with a view of the pool. It was spacious, clean and comfortable except for the fact that there is no air conditioning and there was not much of a breeze to cool the unit down. There were ceiling fans, which helped, but the afternoons were very hot in the condo. Luckily, the pool was cool so we spent a lot of time down there. The trails along the cliffs behind the complex was the highlight of the stay there. The kids loved it and we enjoyed both beautiful sunsets and sunrises overlooking the crashing waves. It was an unforgettable experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makahuena at Poipu is an oceanfront condominium on the southernmost point of Kauai that offers a rare opportunity to experience both a stunning sunrise and sunset. Accommodations include one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with kitchens and washer/dryers. Amenities include a pool, jet spa, tennis court, and barbecue grills. Front Desk Hours: 8:30am - 4:00pm After Hours Check-In: Please call the resort in advance for after hours check-in instructions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castle Makahuena at Poipu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Makahuena At Poipu Hotel Poipu
- Castle Makahuena At Poipu Kauai