We stayed in 1309 and were very comfortable. Plenty of room for a family with 2 teenage boys. Bedrooms were comfortable and the kitchen well equiped. The condo was very quiet. The only noise came from the crashing waves, not loud neighbors. The lanai was a great place to sit and sip morning coffee watching the ocean. We were pleasantly suprised to find the condo had all the toys necessary for a fun beach outing. They were probably left by previous guests but saved us on rental fees. Very happy with that!
The only downside is the stairs. It's impossible to get to the condo without going up and down stairs. However, once you've done your initial haul in it doesn't matter.
Location is great. Brennecke Beach and Poipu beach are a short walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Makahuena at Poipu is an oceanfront condominium on the southernmost point of Kauai that offers a rare opportunity to experience both a stunning sunrise and sunset. Accommodations include one-, two-, and three-bedroom suites with kitchens and washer/dryers. Amenities include a pool, jet spa, tennis court, and barbecue grills. Front Desk Hours: 8:30am - 4:00pm After Hours Check-In: Please call the resort in advance for after hours check-in instructions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Castle Makahuena at Poipu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Castle Makahuena At Poipu Hotel Poipu
- Castle Makahuena At Poipu Kauai