We just got back from kauai, and stayed at the Sheraton for 9 nights. We were on the garden side, a quick 3 min walk to the lobby and beach. What we liked was that we actually got a king bed (last year we got married in maui and the sheraton there gave us two double beds…), the room and bathroom were small but for two it was fine, and we were not visiting to be in the room. What is important to me is cleanliness, which I felt the room was, I noticed a few ants in the bathroom and one on the bed, and I called the front desk and they said they would spray the room with a nontoxic spray. I am not sure if they did. One morning we found a dead cockroach in our bathroom under our towel, we don't really know what happened with that. The front desk just apologized. The bed was really comfortable as well.
I really liked the evening fire pits this hotel offers, and the beach is beautiful. We snorkeled at the beach right in front of the hotel with sea turtles. When we stayed at the Sheraton in Maui, there were tons of turtles there as well. My husband said the beach was his favourite and didn't care to go spend days at other beaches. The pool is really nice too. We had great service at Lavas, the poolside bar. It is pricey for drinks, but that seems to be the norm anywhere these days. We had a drink at Rum Fire and it was a nice experience there as well. Front desk was pretty much always really friendly, minus one girl. We ate pizza at the cafe there twice, the cafe is also pretty expensive, it is like 2.30$ for an apple or a banana. There is a shopping village across the street where you can get some stuff cheaper.
I guess my only negatives would be I called the day before checking out and asked if I could pay some cash towards my final bill, and if I could do that in the morning before checking out, and the girl said yes. I woke up at 7 am with a paid bill emailed to me all charged to my credit card. Since the canadian dollar is horrible right now I wanted to prevent the extra up charges in currency to my card since I had US cash. I called my cc company today and there were two extra charges I was charged from the Sheraton which I have no idea what they are, and no one at the Kauai Sheraton or the Sheraton 1800# can tell me about them. I have to wait to next week to speak to billing?? That seems odd to me that they can't see what was charged on my stay.
We visited the St Regis, which seemed very high end. We felt more comfortable at the Sheraton. They seem to have beautiful swimming beaches in Hawaii.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu