The location is good but how can anything on the Poipu area beach be a bad location. Not anything good to say about the Sheraton property or the quality of our stay. It's an old run down, poorly maintained facility that has years of reviews complaining about the poor quality of the facility. Obviously the management and SPG is aware of the issues as demonstrated by their response to the years of bad reviews. I don't see how anyone could rate this place with 5 stars, either they have no idea of what a real resort looks like or they don't want to admit they blew a bunch of money on a dump. We planned to stay (again) at the Grand Hyatt but took the cheaper deal at the Sheraton. The saying is true, you get what you pay for. What's sad is this could be a nice facility but that would required effective management and reasonable maintenance.
No management response needed, I have already read it many times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Starwood, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu