We stayed at the resort from 6/25/13 to 7/3/13(for our 10 yr anniversary) and were very pleased with our room (1214), the service we received, and overall experience. We booked the oceanfront deluxe room and it was well worth the extra cost. The room was very comfortable and offered amazing views of the ocean. Housekeeping was excellent and we always had fresh towels/water and a tidy room upon returning from our outtings. The only suggestion regarding the room would be to install screen sliders to the balcony as you can't leave the doors open due to bugs flying in. We left them open for about 20 mins one night and were visited by rather large bugs. With the doors closed, you cannot hear the ocean and I have always enjoyed falling asleep to the sounds of waves crashing.
The staff at the resort were wonderful and always quick to respond or provide suggestions for activities, dinning and such. We booked some activities through Pleasant Activities and they were very helpful as well. The helicopter tour was excellent (blue hawaiian) and the Outfitter Kauai Kipu Safari and Zipline was well worth the money.
The day of checkout we had a late flight and the hotel allowed us use of a hospitality room to freshen up before our long flight. I thought this was very nice and very much appreciated after all day at the beach. For those of you thinking of staying on the "garden side" however, this room was not nearly as nice as our ocean front room and lacked many of the updates. Still nice, but go the extra cost for ocean front.
Now, for the few negatives..The food at the resort was nothing "special" as we tried both Lava's and RumFire. However, it was similar to many of our other experiences on the island regarding dining. It's quite pricey. A coke at Lava's was $4.00 and most mixed drinks started at $11.00. An order of 4 onion rings was almost $8.00. Having said that, the hotel did provide 2 free drink vouchers for mi-tie's and a bottle of champagne. Not sure if this is standard or where this was a special occassion.
We enjoyed some of the ammenties offered at the resort such as the pool, hot tub, lei-making which were nice and included in the resort fee ($30/day). I would suggest including some other activities such as use of the tennis court/equipment and snorkeling gear in the resort fee at that rate, if only for one day during the stay.
We would definatly stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Sheraton Kauai Resort on Poipu Beach in Hawaii has the Hawaiian Rainforest Spa, water sports, two pools, a weekly Auli'i Luau, and 50,000 sq ft of indoor/outdoor meeting and event space ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Jetsetter and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Kauai Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kauai Hotel Poipu
- Sheraton Poipu
- Poipu Sheraton
- Sheraton Kauai Resort Poipu